Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What does marijuana do for you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dcjamesbond, Jul 14, 2011.

1. What does marijuana do for you? Personally, if I had to list the things it did for me, something I probably would never do because nobody takes a tenth of the things that people say marijuana does for them seriously, the list would go something like so:

Keeps me cool-headed

It is very hard to stay angry or mad while under the influence of marijuana, mostly because while "high" you realize that most things that would normally piss you off, aren't really that big of deal after all. Especially in the grand scheme of things. (looking at things relative to the entire universe)

Enables a "6th sense" (along with the other 7 or 8 things marijuana does for me)

One theory I strongly believe in, is that any sort of "high" or "buzz" is just your brain tuned into a different level of conciousness. I came up with theory, but I think it's a pretty flawless notion. I refer to this level of conciousness, as a "6th sense". Now this may sound like stoned jibber jabber, but I can assure you, if I had the option of being stoned right now, I totally would be.

That's not the case. Marijuana kind of opens up a "third eye", and I'm not talking about the actual spirtual third eye, but now that I think about it, they kind of are one in the same (the way I look at the "6th sense"). I have also done extensive research on the pineal gland, and it's purpose, and some sources say that the pineal gland may be some sort of doorway to the third dimension or something of the sort, but ill save that for another meaningless list of bullet points.

If you ask any other regular marijuana user I'm sure they will describe the same thing I am refering to, maybe not as a "6th sense" but a certain type of feeling, comparable to feeling like you have a super power, probably most relatable to fore-sight.

That is not all the "sense" im describing is, but this sense cause's lots of things to take place, at least for me: Raises self-confidence, open's my mind to new possibilites, presents different stand-points while thinking about things, forces me to look at things in a humorus manner, intensify's feelings, let's me choose what I want to tune in and out of (something that I think would help tons of ADHD diagnosed patients) which also stems into the awareness that marijuana gives you.

This is why some people do not enjoy the drug, because of the awareness, or "paranoia" it grants you. The awareness is actually the super power now that i think about it, or the "6th sense". If you can't control the awareness, then it turns into paranoia, which can cause many serious problems and unhinge closed doors in the brain which may even snowball into serious mental disorders such as schizophrenia, bi-poloar disorder, depression, lowered self-esteem, and many others. BUT, if you can harness the awareness, and use it to your advantage, it is almost like having a "6th sense" and an advantage that non-pot smokers fail to have acquired.

NOW, I can not say that this "6th sense" is of super power proportions, but it is most definitely an advantage more than a disadvantage and well worth trying to obtain, as it makes things much easier to understand and fathom. I, and I'm sure any other semi-intelligent avid marijuana consumer will tell you that marijauna has changed them for the better, and they in no way shape or form regret taking that first puff from that stony marijuana cigarette. Marijuana addict, out.

List some of the things that marijuana does for you, and some of the reasons you love, and
    partake in the medicating!

2. Slows me down so i can think more clearly and evaluate EVERYTHING thats going on, and its always in a positive way. Stops my migraines and allows me to pick up vibes i normally dont get.

3. I find that if I go for too long without smoking that my anxiety comes back and I get really nervous and I tap my foot and stuff like I used to before I started smoking.

4. it eases my anxiety, it def stabilizes my mood it is a great balance, I can honestly say it has greatly helped me in my bulking phase of my fitness plan, and the focus I have in the gym is amazing, and. when girlfriend bitches it helps me tune her out haha

5. Keeps me nice and happy. Before I smoked weed I was such an asshole and once I started smoking I've become a nicer person overall.

It also helps me sleep, before I wouldn't be able to fall asleep 'till around 2am-3am every night. Now if I toke up any time of the day by around 11 I'm sleepin' like a rock. :smoke:

6. Makes me think of all the important things in life, and disregard the other worthless 9-5 shit. Marijuana gives my life direction, because after I smoke it, I always want to do shit; profound things. I don't get that from just waking up everyday going to a 9-5 job,...actually that actually makes me wanna die. lol. Its so boring and depressing. I actually believe we are meant to injest these plants in order to speed up our evolution of consciousness. Marijuana and all sorts of other psychodelics are leading humanity in a direction towards something, something great, but I do not know what it is. But marijuana never harmed me or anyone else. Im one of the 1 percent who smoke daily, and after its all gone, I go get large quanities of this shit because i love it so much, and so I dont have to see this criminal asshole dealer.

I think everyone should at least TRY it first because they make ANY opinion about it. How can you form an opinion on something you have no knowledge of?! You cants so smoke some or stfu. :smoke:

I''ll post more, but of course I'm at work right now. When high, I don't think about work, money, problems. But it is quite the contrary, when Im high I feel like a bird in the sky,....thats grounded. Cause I know I cant fly,...but it damns sure does a good job convincing me that I am. lol. But I just never try to jump off of a balcony to "flap my wings" if you know what Im saying. Instead, I'm like.......lol fuck that dude, light another. Im gonna fly already....right in this damn chair as I watch the sun set!

Peace.

7. the herb usually makes me way more calm than anything. i've smoked with different people and it usually mellows most people out, save for those that try to take toking as an excuse to do crazy stuff and 'blame' it on being high. i feel as if i can function very normally though too lazy to actually do any real work. if anything when i toke with my girl it really gets me riled up, well more than usual anyways.

8. It helps alot with my anxiety . I'm more calm and everything seems to flow better(I'm not has twitchy) I guess

9. Spiritual reasons like the sixth sense/3rd eye thing you were talking about.

Improves my quality of life.

Cures boredom.

Lots of other uses but those are my main three that personally use it for.

10. My brain is often filled with thoughts I would like to soon forget (PTSD.) Plus, it slows it down enough for me to be a nicer, happier me.

11. #11 antonio420, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
    gets me to sleep, gives me the courage and creativity to draw and create art
    puts me in a better mood, oh and as you said it really DOES open up a totally new door in my head

its almost as if my logic can somehow become 10x better with more of a complex thought to it, the problem is i sometimes forget about the logic i would be thinking about xD

:smoking:

12. always gives me a nice n big grin on my face as well as calm me down... also something along the lines of the 6th sense idea but it really depends on the strain and quality of the bud

13. Dude, you should buckle down & try to grow your own plant. I'm with you -- I don't like drug dealers. They're too damn mercenary. For the most part, they're exploiting this plant and it's illegality moreso than understanding it's benefits. One time, a dealer tried to get me to buy a couple cracks instead of the weed I came for. No drug dealer has any real respect for their clients; all they love is money.

...And now that thc can be cooked up pretty easily in a lab, I'd bet they would just spray some bullshit plant with chemicals (and whatever dangers it comes with) rather than try to provide their clients with good natural weed. They don't care what's in it at all. But anyway I'll end my rant and get back on target.

Besides providing me with insights and stuff, like the rest of you mentioned, weed helps me hit the "reset" button for my mind. Ironically, it provides me with a "moment of clarity" like no other. Next day, I wake up a less stressed out, clearer person, with more purpose and ready to dive back into the struggles of life. Ironically, by providing me with a respite from the daily struggles, it also helps me aspire and pursue my goals (real personal goals, not the bullshit "corporate ladder" stuff they try to sell everyone on). These things are ironic because of what the "anti" camp tries to say about weed (ie. it makes you lazy & foggy minded).

Besides these things, it makes pleasurable things more pleasurable (e.g. SEX and good food and hot showers). And it makes boring things, like housekeeping, studying, etc. much less boring, so that you can actually really get into them. I took a trip to japan a few years ago. Weed helped me study deeply enough beforehand to learn enough of the language to really impress my japanese friends there. (however don't bring weed to Japan! They encourage absolute drunkenness -- especially among "salary men" -- but they'll bust your ass HARD for weed. I never even think about smoking when I travel ANYWHERE.)

I haven't smoked in a long time because I lost connections and don't want to deal with drug dealers anymore. But luckily, you can buy seeds online nowadays! Growing your own lil plant and foregoing the dealers is a good way to take a 4-month break and get your sensitivity level back up so that weed will continue to do the good things it does for you for years to come. :hello:

14. It makes me think and when I'm stoned watching tv I'm usually like "Wtf why am I watching this" Also gets me horny.

15. [quote name='"Foxie"']Slows me down so i can think more clearly and evaluate EVERYTHING thats going on, and its always in a positive way. Stops my migraines and allows me to pick up vibes i normally dont get.[/quote]

Is that a pic of del?

16. Makes me chill, I'm clinically depressed and bipolar, kinda evens my mind out for me and makes me enjoy the little things and not sweat the bigger things :)
    Also gets me thinking, I can play things out in my head a lot better when I'm high, or so it seems.

17. Definitely clears my mind and allows me to focus on whatever I want to. It brightens my mood, no matter what. Produces new ideas. Also that 3rd eye thing you were talking about...just so many things.

18. makes me lazy and i end up not doing things i had planned (i.e. - gym, class, hw, etc)

also, it makes me a little paranoid no matter where i am. sometimes much worse than others.

makes me pretty forgetful as well.

on the up side, it helps me sleep which is a huge plus.

19. Things slow down, calming substance that allows me to unite with our wonderful earth. Pain Relief and another realm of thought. :cool:

20. It helps me earn a lot of money, fuck many bitches, and smoke even more blunts.