What does it take to move?

Discussion in 'General' started by ionic0420, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I have lived in Cali my whole life. I love the area but im not sure if I want to live here anymore. Everything is to damn expensive. I'm thinking of moving to CO. What are some thing to consider when moving so far?

other than a place to live, and a job.

2. Moving expenses. Other than that, a nice stash of bud to hold you over until you find a connect in your new area.

Also, since you're going to CO, try to set up your own grow. That'd be sweet.

~One Love~

3. Your credit score, landlord references, proof of income(or bank statement), car that could haul your personal items (mailing clothes is pretty cheap saves space too).

4. I have moved many many times. Works a lot easier if you know some one in the place you want to go. Have enough money saved as a fall back just in case you are not able to get a job right away. Craigslist or whatever is a good place to start looking for a place. Find someone renting out a room to start. It might not be ideal for you, but it is a good, cheap way to get started. Mail some stuff, or put in on the bus. Both are pretty cheap to do. Or if you have a little bit of cash rent yourself a uhaul and drive it up there yourself.

5. Thanks for the input.

I should add more details. It would be me plus one more adult and one child

Any info on the difference between renting a home or an apartment in CO?

Also good city's to live in or be near?

6. I lived in Boulder for about a month it was sweet but I just turned 23.

Check out Golden, Aurora or the Springs. I really like them all honestly it is tough to pick.

7. Just from my experiences I have always found renting a house a lot better. Probably has something to do with my partying, but you have a ton more privacy. Also with a kid a house would be better. Apartments can get pretty noisy at times. Price for both were pretty close to each other also, but youll have to factor in your utilities in a house.

8. I moved relatively recently.

I packed a backpack, hopped on a plane, and never looked back. But I'd take the advice of those above me if I were you.

9. [quote name='"KillerKush"']I lived in Boulder for about a month it was sweet but I just turned 23.

Check out Golden, Aurora or the Springs. I really like them all honestly it is tough to pick.[/quote]

If we ever do move we will take a trip first to check things out I will have to check these places out.

What were some pros and cons of boulder? And what kind of place did you live in if you don't mind me asking?

10. [quote name='"gobble wobble"']

Just from my experiences I have always found renting a house a lot better. Probably has something to do with my partying, but you have a ton more privacy. Also with a kid a house would be better. Apartments can get pretty noisy at times. Price for both were pretty close to each other also, but youll have to factor in your utilities in a house.[/quote]

Do you or have you lived in CO? How much are utility's compared to Cali? If you know of coarse lol. I have no idea about things like these but all I hear is how much more expensive Cali is compared to most other states.

11. i want to move out to CO also.

12. I live in Canada so I have absolutely no idea how much it would cost. If you find a place you want to rent, just ask the current owners/renters. They will be able to give you an approximate cost.

13. Pros... I really can not find any for you haha.
    for me; college town, lots of hot girls, good shopping, great food, good music scene.

Cons; expensive, (everything listed above)

I lived in a friends house while they went back home; I was on my way out west and got stuck there. Beautiful landscape, absolutely breathtaking.

14. I'm also wanting to move but can't. I wanna move to a bigger city 60 miles away(wichita) because there are way more opportunities up there and i cant get a job where i currently live. Problem is i have no car or money. Shit sucks. Good luck man. I suggest having some money saved up. Its gonna take quite a bit of cash to move that far.

15. #15 Judgement, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    I'd be interested to see the next census of Colorado lol

one thing you need, a plan man.. and an umbrella would be good too, that damn Rocky Mountain sunshine.. (rain's or snows every time I go there!)

16. May sound like a stupid question but are there places in CO where it doesn't snow for the most part? Where I live it's never snowed.

17. ^Pretty sure it snows everywhere there man.

Make sure your car can handle the rigors of winter!

18. ^^ or learn to control a fishtail smoothly ;)

19. ^ Gonna take a lot for a Californian man!

20. Yea not to mention I would have to buy a bunch of new clothes. My daily outfit is basketball shorts and a t shirt. Maybe a regular sweater if it's "cold" ie below 50 degrees lol