What does everyone think of my first grow???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by charlesCarnage, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Hey guys/gals meet Shawna and Abbey2.0, this is my first grow. I bought my seeds

from
    marijuanaseeds.nl, they are feminized Northernlights plants.

The first pic, I was wondering if I should clip the tip of the leaf? The cat got into it a

while ago and i noticed that it was damaged
    . Immediately after the attack I put up a

protective screen, to help shield my babies from predators.

Anyway, just wondering what everyone thought, I'm up for compliments and

criticism
    alike. The plants sprouted 15 oct, I think I may have been over watering, so

now i'm letting the soil dry completely before their next watering. When should I start

adding nutes? I was thinking of starting this week, they look to have five inter nodes,

and that's when I thought it was time for nutes. Also if anyone could give me some

detailed info on the mostly indica feminized northernlights strain from

marijuanaseeds.nl, it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, thanks for taking the time to check out my first grow, again any advice would

be greatly
    appreciated. For more info on my grow check out my profile.

Thanks Again
    charlesCarnage

Attached Files:

2. How many watts is that light? Might want to move it a bit closer.

3. Ya looks like the light should be closer... looks like a healty plant though:hello:

4. #4 charlesCarnage, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010

Thanks for the reply reznkk/Bullgenio, I have a 600w mh for veg and 600w hps for flower. The lights

are on a 24 hr light cycle, and are currently 15 inches from the tops(not close enough??).

Regards,
    charlesCarnage

5. Nice job for your first grow. You should start a grow journal for people to follow along.

:hello:

6. #6 charlesCarnage, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010

Thanks for the reply/compliment, Impact.

Damn dude, that really sucks 4/4. But yeah I kind of started one but... I'm really lazy when it

comes to that stuff. I do take lots of pics though.

7. I started some fem. NL seeds almost the exact same time as you. Your plants are a lot bigger than mine right now! I'm doing full hydro though, no soil. I'll tag along this thread and see if there's anything I can help with. Never grew with soil, but I can help with other stuff.

Good luck! oh, i've found from exp. that when you grow 24/0 light cycle, they never show preflowers in veg, but if you have femmed seeds that isn't an issue. I grew my first batch of bagseed using 24/0 with zero issues, so Im going to try 18/6 and see how it differs.

I usually start a 25% nute solution for my hydro system around week 3. but not sure how this works for soil.

Good luck~!

8. Your plants look great charlesCarnage!

If you are running a 600W MH, don't move your light any closer. 15" is close enough.

Depending on how long you plan to veg, you may want to look into LST. It would drastically improve your final yield. It just take a little longer.

One suggestion for next time. Fill those grow bags all the way to the top. The black material is absorbing some of the light that could be used by your bottom branches.

Good luck.

9. thanks for the reply mad4reef

Yeah I thought that the lights were close enough aswell. I was planning on vegging for mabe like 3 or 4 weeks longer, so maybe LST will be a good option for me. Yeah next time the pots will be completely filled, I was wondering about that.

10. Thanks for the reply dangerousD, That's weird that we started our grow with the same strain at the same time. Yeah let me know how the 18/6 works out.

11. they look nice and healthy.

12. Looks good. Very healthy. great first grow.

13. thanks for the rep dude