Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What does being crossfaded feel like?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by deathray, Aug 28, 2011.

1. So I'm going to a party soon and I might be able to get some weed. I plan on at least getting pretty drunk but I've considered bringing some weed because the girl who's party it is says she doesnt mind and a few of my friends can come and blaze with me in the shed for a bit. I know if I'm around alcohol I'm not going to be able to just not drink even if I am high, so I'm wondering what being crossfaded actually feels like? I don't want to end up completely unresponsive like passed out on a couch unable to move because I intend on having some 'female fun' that night, so would anyone be able to describe to me what being crossfaded actually feels like?

2. I'm sorta crossfaded right now (vodka) and Id say it's pretty smooth. If you drink ALOT, then the alcohol overpowers the weed. But yeah it's pretty nice but I guess it depends what your drinking

3. Well... when I experienced two different occasions of crossfading, both different..

When I had high tolerance, a couple cans of beer + tokin was on point...

On another occasion, I had been on a T-break for 3 months and finally decided to smoke after a heavy drink. It was the worst experience ever...I couldn't think properly,couldn't even move... was vomiting, friends were high and were constantly laughing at me... etc..

4. its the shit..you should try it but toke before you start drinking..

5. Weed then beer, all clear.
    Beer then weed, no need.

Remember this simple rhyme and you shall be alright. You can drink before you smoke weed, but only a few beers, no more than 2-3, or even after a few tokes on a joint you'll be fucked. Personal experience. :D

6. I've only been buzzed on alcohol and massively high. I liked the feeling but watch for the spins.

7. Crossfaded is the state of intoxication of being 'high or stoned' and drunk at the same time, thus the term crossfaded is created. It's the feeling of being both drunk/stoned at the same time, it's pretty nuts!

My philosophy on the, "What should I do first? Alcohol or Bud?"

I believe that bud is the 'enhancing' mechanism that triggers good emotions in the body. Alcohol on the other hand, I think is an 'amplifying agent', which amplifies any emotion stress you might be under, good or bad.

So imagine if you smoked bud and you feel very laxed and at ease. If you drank afterwards, the alcohol will only amplify the good feelings from the bud, making way for a great time.

However...

Say you drank prior, and you drank ALOT. You gotta remember that alcohol is generally a depressant, and for example you felt like shit that day and you drank. Drunken shitty emotions mixed with bud might make for a bad trip or emotional overload. Built up emotions + introverted stoned train of thought could end up one of the most horrible nights of your life.

My best friend too drank before smoking weed, he barfed out his buffet dinner 4 times outside my house on the street, in my lawn, in the garage etc. haha.

8. It can be nice, just don't drink too much if your going to smoke a decent amount. I drank a bunch of vodka then smoked a little (just a few bowls of some dank) and got bad vertigo which led to puking, so not too much fun there. If taken in moderation, it's a good feeling. Depends on what you've consumed more of. My advice would be to smoke more than your going to drink but everybody has different tolerance levels, whether it be for weed, alcohol, or any other drug for that matter so its hard to say. Just take it easy, because the last thing you want to do is get sick and waste some perfectly good herb:smoke:

9. it fucking sucks man, that is all.

10. I never drink and smoke at the same time anymore. Last time, I sat on the couch and stared at the wall for hours. If I stood up I'd fall over. If I lay down I'd pass out. So I just sat on that couch, and stared at that wall. Didn't even pay attention to the hot chicks that were over (twins even!).

Now I just get high. Who needs to spend $40 in one night at the bar, when I can smoke $10 of weed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Everyone is having bad expieriences... I love being crassfaded. Ill smoke a few joints, head into the party and get drunk and smoke a J every now and again
    I personally love doing it. It feels like the drunk part is better
    I just don't remember that much from the party......

12. IME its absolutely fucking terrible

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I would recommend you smoke before you drink, It always seems to make me feel the best. I got sick last time I drank first.

14. Definitely smoke first! Oh and before the party make sure you eat tons of carbohydrates so you don't get too wasted and retarded: rice, bread, etc. Being crossfaded is extremely fun if you do it right. If you get paranoid from the herb that will go away and you will just feel extremely good and be really social. Just don't over drink because you don't want to be retarded and waste your high. What i do is drink and after every shot/beer I bite my bottom lip, not hard. When you begin to buzz good your bottom lip should be numb so stop drinking, or take it as a sign that you should stop soon.

15. If I plan to drink and smoke, I only take shots. I've learnt that if I have cocktails and later smoke, anything that I eat doesn't stay in my stomach for long. It's better if I have 2-3 shots, then in the next 30 min begin to smoke.

16. always smoke first, then drink. also, don't drink much because you may feel sick. just smoke whatever amount of weed you are gonna smoke, and then like 2 beers.

17. Booze before grass, you're on your ass.
    Bud before beer, you're in the clear.

18. This basically sums up my opinion:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiRV6gvY2C4]Afroman - Drunk'N'High or Drunk N High - YouTube[/ame]

19. Haha just dont get too drunk then get high, youll prob get the spins, and they suck so fucking bad. if it does happen dont close your eyes it makes it soo much worse

20. The first time I smoked was because I was already extremely wasted and got peer pressured. I got the spins so badly that night i Couldn't tell which way was up. Standing was out of the question obviously.

HOWEVER since then I have yet to reach that point even going as hard as possible (my frat is ridiculous). So it's kinda like having a safety measure, knowing that I've already been as far as I could go because of my tolerance now.