Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Does 420 Mean to You?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by astrozombie11, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Okay okay, the day is almost over, but I thought I'd stop and ask everyone what April 20th means to them. It may be good, bad, or in between. Is it a day you smoke your brains out? Or is it simply a time in which you appreciate the fact that we are lucky to have such a wonderful thing as cannabis.

Let me take a bit of time to tell you what it means to me. Personally, It's not about smoking weed. It's not about getting trashed. It's not about partying, or anything like that. For me, it's about taking the time out of my day to appreciate marijuana for what it really is: a gift. Whether you think it's from God, Jah, Allah, Buddha, or just Mother Nature herself, I'm sure we can all agree that marijuana is a gift to us all to enjoy, not simply a weekend party piece. That being said, I hope I gave you guys a little insight on what 420 means to me. Now your turn!

2. 420 is a day I can be at peace with weed in all of it's splendor, and see the capitol of colorado erupt in pot smoke! :D

3. Yea, it's always good to know so many people are smoking with me. Even if I'm alone, i feel like part of a crowd. Haha

4. its just a day. shitty like the rest. its suppose to have significance for some reason. but i dont see it. people just use 420 as an excuse to get high. and i dont object.

5. its a day when people who partake in the smoking of ganj to hang out, smoke, and share ideas about everything. thats what it means to me and such

6. Well, significance is what you make it, right? And why is every other day shitty? I think every day is pretty spectacular. :)

7. Not everyone can be happy all the time.

8. True that, but optimism helps.

9. it's been okay. I went to all my classes today so I didn't smoke as much as I could have, but I got high, and drunk. it was a pretty fun day today yo

10. Pot culture is very extensive, it only makes sense that we have a holiday. We hold festivals, listen to music, and focus on what brings the most diverse of peoples together - Cannabis.
    While many view it as just a day, or an excuse to get high, it is best seen as the day on which we appreciate the most our right to get high. This right comes not from the government, who oppresses our choice, but from the plant that provides it. Today, we commemorate our green mother, whose magic heals the sick, soothes the pained, and enhances the lives we lead.
    Blaze up, guys. This next bowl is for her. :smoking:

11. i see 420 as a day where i can reflect on how weed has affected my life and me
    and as a day to be thankful, light up a few bowls, and chill
    to me it doesnt even matter how much you smoke or if you smoke at all. it's just a day to appreciate bud

12. Honestly its just another day for me. I dont really get into the whole "420" thing, lol. Bong it up just like any other day.

13. It was never about the day for me or my friends. The term 420 got started on the construction site where the responsible thing to do was to wait until 4:30 before packing a fat bowl for safety reasons. So 420 was started which was when work was over and all we had to do is load the tools back up on truck and go home.
    I says hey James what you doin, it's not quittin time yet?

4:20 he says.....(meaning close enough)
    Depending on who you worked with the time of day didn't matter eventually and the term just meant bowl break.

Or on the radio we're 10/7 at the Micky D's on High St...:D
    which was code to the other installers to meet up for a 420

DOn't get high at work now! I was young and dumb. Now it's better to wait until evening to get stoned...excepting the Bugs Bunny Bong hour on Saturday...

14. SO I decided to repost my post from another thread because its similar.

I don't know about you all who smoked on 420 but this year's 420 was completely different for me. When I smoked I felt so many positive vibrations coming from all angles that it was overwhelmingly joyful and it made it the best day for me to celebrate weed. I think so many people are high at the same time and vibrating at the same frequency that you feel it all being connected and it was phenomenal. It's about making a statement to our universe that we embrace weed! haha

If you are a spiritual person such as myself, you feel that people are connected to each other and even feel more connected with positive vibes that weed provides. 420 is a day where a lot of people get high at the same time and you can feel their connection to you and enjoy the beauty of the day. Love, Peace & Happiness is what they have in common and is shared with each other.