What does 420 mean to you?

Discussion in 'General' started by go_green, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Today is 420,
    And all through the city,
    People are posting,
    And toking with friends,
    But have you really thought about its meaning?

Basically, we all know that the Waldos used 420 as a code as it was their time that they toked, but in todays time, it is commercialized beyond belief. To most people is is just a day to get blazed beyond their usually limits or to others, its just another day. I haven't smoked today yet, but i hope one of my friends will come through with a dime bag that i can roll and hit, but that is because i was hoping to go on a tbreak and today would be the day to stop. But i started to think about what 420 is. Its not just a day of smoking to get stoned, its kinda like a day of celebration of the cannabis plant that was put on this planet. It a day to remember the Waldos and what they kinda brought into the culture.
    Another thing i was thinking about this day was that it could be turned into a good day, like a day when stoners could celebrate a day that was theirs, but it shouldn't be wasted, it should be like a self made arbor day or earth day or some day where we help out the comunity, the planet, and each other. I think we start to lose focus about what we should be thinking of and start caring about ourselves more.
    Last night i was playing tennis with my neighbor, a fellow toker, and a couple of friends, both seniors in high school and some college kids met up with us and said they were going to a bonfire and they said there was gunna be about an oz total of bud there. My friend went with them and I walked home. I told him to go, i didn't go because i had just lost an 1/8 that day and i was too depressed to go and smoke. but this kind of got me thinking, is this day really only about going and getting wasted and blazed or is there something it could become. I'm sure that i'm over thinking and that this probably makes no sense, but post what you guys think this day is about or what it could be about.

2. Profit (and smoking with good friends)

3. I think you think too much....

4. I think youre right

5. it means nothing. its just another day

6. I smoke weed a lot, so technically, it's just another day.

Now that What'sThatSmell is gone, I really don't consider it any different. Last two celebrations of 420, we got high all day. I'll still go smoke with some guys, but it won't be the same again.