What does 420 mean to you??

Discussion in 'General' started by PotPrincess.x0, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Just as the title suggests. Try to think beyond the norm.

Is it just a date? a time? a code? a feeling? a secret? an identity? Elaborate please

2. Its just a weed reference to me, nothing more.

3. It's just an excuse to ditch school and smoke weed all day.

I'm talking about the date btw.

4. According to the legend, it began when a group of H.S. students, in the 1970's in California, used to gather after school at 4:20 P.M. to smoke weed. This term took a very long time to spread, and still not used very much in some sections of the country such as the East Coast.

5. k read the title, man.

personally its just a number. although i do use the date as an excuse to be high all day :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. And when you're done school?

Fair enough that it could just be a weed reference, but hasn't anyone put any further thought into it? A group of teenagers thought it up as a joke/code, how is it that stoners all around the world still use the 40+ year old saying? It's created a feeling and atmosphere that goes beyond a simple idea.
    Am I the only one that sees it this way?

7. a date....kinda like Thanksgiving,i dont worry about anything and i dont do anything except toke and joke with friends and faimly. i usally have a BBQ.

8. When I'm done with school it will be an excuse to take a sick day from work and smoke weed all day.

9. Dude the phrase,number,code whatever you wanna call it is well used in the east coast.

It sucks that Hitlers birthday was 420 it soils the greatness of 420

10. Well here's hoping boss man won't catch on to the fact that you're sick on the same day every year hee hee

11. Nothing, its just a number that I constantly hear wannabe stoners talking about.

12. to me, it's just another day or another time. i could give two shits.

but for many, it means time to smoke. so i like to plan when im going to hang out with people and make sure that it falls somewhere in that time.

free smoke! :p

13. says the wannabe? Nice nick....

14. [​IMG]

Hitler's birthday

15. Fuck off. I didnt say EVERYONE who uses the term is a wannabe.

16. allday every day is my 420

17. that cake for hitler looks pretty tasty. you think he would mind if i got a slice?

18. Probably not. He was kinda coo if you get past the genocide.

19. lol so cranky, haven't had your joint yet today?

420 has become something so much bigger than a date or a weed reference. Seriously nobody in their high-train-of-thoughts has ever put any more thought or question behind it? It's sad to see its association leads with a poor reference or Hitler's birthday