Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What does 4:20 actually indicate?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mlrock, Sep 3, 2011.

1. I know that they say that 4:20 is the time that you're supposed to smoke. However, does that mean that the group who's smoking together should meet at that time, or should they actually start smoking at that time?

2. I say it means whatever you want it to mean. Rules are for narcs.

3. Usually you "light up" at 4:20

4. 4:20 means April 20th, national marijuana day.

People usually spark at 4:20 because it's "weed's" number, so to say.

5. well the date 4/20 I've had people tell me it's when hitler died so everyone tokes or it bob marley's birth/death date but I like kush in my lungs at any time of the day/week/year/decade/century/ I don't know anymore

6. Yes, Hitler did die on 4/20. But that isn't what's celebrated. It's a day where most people go up to their local legislature and spark up a joint. Maybe not where you live, though.

7. #7 Skyed, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
  8. I was under the impression that the origin of "420" was from the fact that there are 420 chemicals that make up the cannabis plant.

EDIT: I guess that is proven wrong with the website in the previous post.

9. Incorrect. Hitler was born on 4/20, he died at the end of the month.

10. Oh dang, I knew he either died or was born on that date. But as I said, he's not very important to the term 420, pretty irrelevant.

11. the only one that hasnt been provin not true (in my opinon) is the one about the kids starting to smoke at 4:20 after school, it makes the most sense to me.

12. national high five day

13. It indicates that it's 20 minutes past the hour of 4. That's all 4:20 on a clock REALLY indicates. lol

14. Lol seriously? You're on the internet. Bob Marley didn't die or was born on 420 and hitler didn't die on that day either. He was born on 420 although I don't see the correllation between that and smoking

15. Dude google it. Some kids in NoCal started it when they would meet at 4:20 smoke and go lookin for a weed crop in the mountains they'd heard rumors about...

Now...

It's for everything weed related pretty much..

16. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)

17. ^ this. I looked it up a couple years ago.

18. I've always been told and it makes sense that during the 70's a bunch of kids at a college would go out at 4:20 and smoke. Classes probably let up at 4:00 or something along those lines. I believe it's the school where they had those protests and students were shot on and killed.

19. #19 jimbobbybob, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
    it represents a time of the day...actually two times...unless you use a 24 hr clock

but it started because college students back in teh 70's? would meet up everyday to toke, and it just happened to be around 4:20...so then it stuck on from there

edit: basically i second the post above me

20. You smoke crack at the time.