What do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iHeard uJelly, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Plant its too wide and too short, what do?

ForumRunner_20130401_161639.png

ForumRunner_20130401_161659.png

2. Looks fine. More details maybe?

3. But the leaves will push up against the side of the box its in.

4. If anything, your plant is lanky. Need more light.

5. U using cfls?

6. #7 â’¸anadianBuds, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    It looks like he trimmed the first set of branches off. I thought the same at first. Although it still looks like it needs more. How many watts you got on it?

7. Yeah I'm using cfl so only 3 11w I've been waiting on the 100w I ordered

8. plant is too long and thin. recalibrate brainz.

9. Its something like this

ForumRunner_20130401_182346.png

10. So maybe instead of plant is too wide, box is too small?

ColoradoLegaliz:smoking:

11. switch to 12/12 to start flowering and/or start LST now. youre already close to running out of vertical space.

12. I think I might do lst

13. Low stress training ftw

14. How far away are ur cfls?

15. lol. Probably like 3 or 4"

16. With those 11w bulbs u can get down within 2in. which will greatly increase light that is being used by ur plant. I am using 23w bulbs that 2-3in. from tops. You can raise them every couple days as plant gains new growth.

17. How far would you recommend the 100w

18. I have never used a 100w cfl's bcuz I feel the 23w are easier to manage In a cramped space but I do know that cfl's in general loose a lot of light with distance. There about twice the strength at 3in then they are at 6in. With that big of a bulb I would say 5in away with a reflector. See how ur plant reacts to a single light cycle and adjust if needed. Place ur hand on plant between the light for 30sec, ur hand should stay cool.. slightly warm is ok with good ventilation.