What do you want to know about cannabis in Canada?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by canniebis, Mar 14, 2018.

1. I'm interested to know what fellow Canadians and people interested in visiting Canada want to know about impending legal non-medical (aka recreational) cannabis?

2. When is Canada actually planning to legalize marijuana? They said last year now it's apparently this year although some of it isn't looking promising.

3. Wait.....

There's weed in Canadia?????

4. I've mostly been keeping up with Ontario because I live there. The federal legislation was introduced in April 2017. They were throwing July of this year around as the legalization timeline but from what I've read, nothing is set in stone. The Ontario government website says:

"80 stores open by July 1, 2019, and 150 stores open by 2020"

so it looks like people will still be waiting a while.

Website where the quote was from: https://www.ontario.ca/page/cannabis-legalization

• Like Like x 1
  5. It passed 2nd reading back in march, the 5 committees studying it will be up for debate in early may & assuming there's no major contentions/rewrites it will go to vote on June 7th. So theoretically it could be as early as July when the bill is passed.

Another issue may be how they handle it. They've stated they'll need 3 months after it's passed to get the stores up, stocked & running. They haven't been clear about how they plan to handle the transition.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

6. On the news it said august 1st.

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. My landlord showed up with amendments to my lease saying that there could be no smoking or growing of marijuana on the property. This is so idiotic. You wouldn't see them get away with banning alcohol. All a law like this does is put people in danger. The new law won't allow smoking on most public properties so what...people are forced to drive somewhere to smoke (if they really don't want to violate their lease) and then possibly drive home after? IMO laws like this will only serve to put more people on the road who shouldn't be there.

Also, if there are any Canadian landlords reading this: if the agreement specifically says "No smoking of marijuana" does that mean I could technically get away with vaping instead?

8. lol it says people can't even smoke outside in Canada once the new legalization laws kick in, now might have to take boat into international waters to blaze that one joint in peace xD lmfao

9. Yeah, I do believe it is happening in early August this year! I’ve done lots of research regarding Canada’s legalization because I’m just so excited for it. They’re already doing lots of planning for it, and not to mention training programs for employees who will be handling marijuana in the near future.
    We aren’t allowed to smoke publicly, but that goes the same with drinking as well - it’s illegal to drink in public so I don’t see why smoking weed in private is an issue. We’re taking bigger steps here and if I need to smoke in my backyard instead then I’m fine with it - as long as I can go to the dispensary and buy more weed right after. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. People who rent will complain about stoners smoking in apartments and if we cannot smoke inside where then?

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. This is exactly the problem I was talking about in my earlier post. I rent a house (half of a duplex actually), not an apartment and have two private decks I could go outside and smoke on but my landlord has decided that there can't be any marijuana smoking on the property. The province actually added this into the law so my landlord has the legal right now to do that. Smoking tobacco outside is still allowed and alcohol is allowed. So where are renters supposed to go to smoke if their landlord does that? I think unless the landlord is prepared to ban tobacco smoking as well then they have to allow smoking weed. It should be all or none otherwise it's discrimination. Keep in mind that there has been talk of discontinuing the medical marijuana program as it won't be needed anymore for legal access so this would also apply to medical users who rent. They'd have no special legal status to use to fight it.

12. Salutations Calmchaos,

It depens what province, in Québec there's anti-tobacco propaganda made available for display in common areas of the building and new rents may even include a zero-cannabis clause. The #44 law of 2015 by Lucie "Nez Rouge" Charlebois which should fight self-poisoning consumption methods actually sets on a same level smoking, vaping and vaporizing. Recent shaming of tobacco producers tells me cannabis will be the same: a perversion worth over-taxing until the last user is gone, by 2050 if the UN/WHO and their blood-sucking supporters could help it...

The October 17 "victory" expected by some is nothing but "Cultural Genocide" aimed to impose an image of cannabis and its consumers as defined by bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists, e.g. 3rd-party interference which proven mis-guided since the days when cannabis was a non-issue, before politicians started to instrumentalize it to capture vulnerable populations between 2 wars...

VILIFICATION is the leading motivation, Trudeau's reform only makes perfect what Harper done before, with a twist: "incidental" possession for some, 14 prison years for others. There's no way officials in my province will allow the positive aspects to be shared publicly, instead we're supposed to disappear under a shroud of fear. That could all translate into an eviction for proudly sampling a fresh batch inside the walls of a private/isolated balcony. It shall only take a couple iPhone pictures generously contributed by hostile neighbours.

IMO the October 17th era will be one of delation and more institutionalized abuse. Nobody accountable, expect no excuses as once asked by Dana Larsen.

Loving & responsible adults will be infantilized for providing non-governmental education, kids will be sent to foster homes while their "Stoner$"/"Droÿé$" parents are moved to jail for 14 years. When the kid himself is lucky enough to escape coerced "treatment", In The Name Of Children.

"Fix-my-Kid", "Kids-for-Cash" ain't exactly news. Great power comes with great responsability, so it seems to me the criminals are those who took over our institutions in Ottawa and this fresh mafia ain't leaving without spilling the blood of more cannabis "slaves".

Euh... M'well, maybe i'm just having an overdose, i guess! :speechless:

Good day, have fun!! :D

13. The real question is ...WHY?

14. so dug ford is making the province of Ontario a open market.

15. how many plants you can grow once?

16. I only want to know about the pressing Canadian/cannabis issues. Like what is the cannabis to maple syrup ratio?

17. Legalization day for Canada :smoke: