What do you want done with your body after you die.

Discussion in 'General' started by BluDreams, Sep 26, 2010.

1. I wanna be creamated and have my dust mixed in with grow-op soil. :)

EDIT: Beaten to it. :(

2. Cremated and tossed into a body of water, still not sure which one. San Francisco Bay sounds nice.

3. I read an article about what happens to bodies that have been donated to science. They cut you open and try to determine the cause of death. If you died because of a rare or unknown disease/condition they cut out whatever body part was affected and store them in jars filled with formaldehyde. When they're done your body will be put in a box and that box gets buried in an anonymous graveyard/burial place.

I dunno, even though I'll be dead then, I dislike the idea of someone fucking around with what was once my body. But perhaps that's just my ego talking.

4. I want any useful organs taken out and donated to anyone who might need them. Then I want the rest of me cremated and mixed into some soil and have some sort of fruit tree grown with it. Possibly grapefruit.

5. Same. I don't believe in an afterlife, either.

6. ... Death? Why I already am.

7. I want my skull to become a bong.
    With the other bones they'll make a xylophone.
    my eyes will be conserved in formol so that I can be allways vigilant.
    The rest should be thrown in a forest to let rot, except for the brain which destiny I don't know yet.

8. That would be legit.

9. For my children...

10. Its perfectly reasonable to not want your body not disturbed after you die, but I think you're misinformed about what happens when you donate your body to science. If you die in a mysterious way, your body may be autopsied, but its only done upon consent of family or if its necessary for a criminal investigation or may hold answers to a potential epidemic. They can't take parts of your body without consent (except for aforementioned things).

When you donate your body to science, it will usually end up at a medical school. My class has about 200 students with 6 to a body, so about 34 bodies a year at this one school. In this case the body is soaked in formaldehyde and dissected by the students.

Some bodies go to automotive safety research or military weapon research. Dummies are usually used, but sometimes you just need the real thing.

Others go to other types of research...decomposition, forensics, testing new surgical procedures, etc.

When we (and every other medical school in the US) are done with the body, the body is cremated and after all of the families have their own personal services, there is a service put on by the school in which we thank the families and read poems and whatnot.

Its a respectful system from what I can tell, and I'm not sure where you are getting this information.

11. I'm going to have "you dun cut up the wrong corpse" tattoo'd on my liver then donate my body to science so I can freak out a med student

12. bronzed.. then shot into space toward a supernova

13. stuffed and put in a really odd position in my childrens living room...

14. LIKE RUSTY! Minus the species

EDIT: I wanna be encased in a glass box and put out to sea. I'll laugh from heaven when they find me and freak out.

15. encased in carbonite

16. I think at the end of my life, knowing I was going to die soon, I'd be pretty much at peace so I don't think I'd have a bad trip. I'd take plenty of kush with me too to help out there.

17. Just FYI, you can add #t=2m6s to the URL to make it start at 2 minutes and 6 seconds. Works for any YouTube video.

18. I'm in a different country (Netherlands) so what I said only applies over here, but I figured most of the procedures concerning donating bodies to science were standardized so that's why I didn't specify.

I read it in the Quest, it's a Dutch science magazine.

19. i'm not an organ donor, either. i guess you could say i don't give a fuck if a stranger could benefit from my death.

i also have a DNR slip in my wallet. we all have different views on death, and what it means to us.

20. Of course. I wasn't trying to condemn people for not donating their bodies or organs. Its a good thing to do, but its your body, do with it what you want.

My bad...I was just assuming you were in the US. Are all bodies autopsied over there? I don't doubt your claims, but its hard to understand why they (whoever they are) can just take parts of your body without consent.