What do you use your EDC knife for?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by StevenHyde420, Jan 7, 2016.

1. This christmas my longtime friend bought me what i consider to be a great folding knife with assisted opening. I absolutely love it but i dont know much about knives so mostly all i do is fondle it throughout the day and play with the assisted opening. For those of you who actually need an EDC knife, what do you use it for?[​IMG]

~sent from formans basement in point place wisconsin~

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Peaceful Dusk86, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mostly opening boxes at work, possible self defense and stuff like that. [​IMG]

3. I have a stiletto that I keep on me, but it's only ever been used to open packages and scrape res out of my bowl :laughing:

4. I'm a sebenza guy, I open a lot o boxes at work, cut sandwiches/random food, and at home I open boxes from amazon, random packages.
    I've also been sharpening and polishing knives for about a decade (due to career). I remove a lot of shoulder from the blade, widen the bevel, convex, then polish it all.
    Geshhin 400, 4000, shapton glass 6000, and kitayama 8000.

5. Mostly what I do with my SAK is open packages.
    Occasionally use the screwdriver to tighten
    the faucets in the bathroom.

6. I trust my old balisong. It is heavily used, but it is still as sharp when i bought it (I use ultra fine Lapstone and leather belt with some abrasive paste).

Use it often outdoors.. such as grilling, sculpting.. as well as building or fix something. It's also nice because you can play with it.. but not without fingers :) so must be careful.
    WP_20160430_13_59_24_Pro__highres.jpg WP_20160430_13_54_45_Pro__highres.jpg WP_20160414_11_27_28_Pro__highres.jpg

7. I open boxes at work. Potato chips. Satan packed blister packs of various goods. My knife is also good for the infinitesimal screws that loosen in my sunglasses.