What do you use to clean all the resin off scissors?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jso12357, Oct 26, 2021.

1. I’m a sticky mess after rushed harvesting/trimming before a nor'Easter expected tonight. That combined with sporadic bud rot showing up, I figured I better take a bird in hand….

thanks

2. Canawipes

If you're trying to remove resin you know how difficult it is. Those wipes get it off with little to no elbow grease. That or rubbing alcohol, if you have access to finger nail polish remover thatll work as well.

Attached Files:

3. Denatured Alcohol. Cheap and effective. I keep a glass jar of it next to me as I trim. Dip the sissors in every 15 seconds or so. Use my fingers when it builds up to bad. Great for cleaning hands as well.
    Paint depart usually has it.
    190 proof Everclear is the next best with 90% ISO a distant 3rd.
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. #5 myrrhlynn, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    California banned the sale of denatured alcohol in 2019. you have to drive to Nevada or Arizona now.... or know someone from Vegas who visits SoCal occasionally... thanks, Dean..! last i checked, it's about a 50-50 mix of ethanol and methanol. i've also seen it labeled as "window cleaner".

Klean Strip Fuel.jpg

quite a useless law.

5. If on your journey you should encounter god, even he shall get a haircut.

Attached Files:

6. Just heat it up with a lighter and rub the hot stuff off with a rag....

7. [​IMG]
    Everytime: some like to help out thinking they are gonna get a nip, many do!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I just use regular isopropyl alcohol. It takes a little scrubbing but it works and I always have some around the house

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. My trim crew loves these lil numbers! They have an internal scrub brush and you fill them half way with your solvent of choice. I prefer 190 proof grain alcohol. We have a pair sitting in it to trade out whenever necessary.
    upload_2021-10-26_6-41-48.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. you're really wasting your money. alcohol is hydrophilic... left in open air with even moderate humidity, 95% alcohol will quickly become 90% and eventually 70% alcohol. if you aren't burning it, the most economic cleaning alcohol is isopropyl.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well, it only takes couple of tablespoons to fill it and it has a lid.
    IDK... for all the efforts I take to stay as organic as possible I’ll stick with the grain alcohol. Iso is nasty stuff.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Alcohol. Soak, scrape, wipe. Done.

13. And the wipes you literally just wipe off. No soaking no scrubbing, I was blown away at the ease in which the wipes worked. I've been messing with resin for 20 years. I've used alchohol up until I tried those wipes

14. widely accepted and quite useful "nasty" stuff... just don't drink it.

"Isopropyl alcohol is mixed with water for use as a rubbing-alcohol antiseptic. It is also used in aftershave lotions, hand lotions, and other cosmetics. In industry it is used as an inexpensive solvent for cosmetics, drugs, shellacs, and gums, as well as for denaturing ethanol (ethyl alcohol)."

15. Everclear. Works good and at the end of the day evaporate it off and use like RSO

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yall crazy, just heat up the metal and wipe residuals off...

17. No alcohol, no knives... just fire....