what do you think the responsibility of free will is.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by untamedlion33, Jul 22, 2011.

1. If were given free will. What do you think the responsibility of it is? It is a very hard question. Look at our american society we are in couraged freedom but we've allowed the system to take so much of it away in ways that is hard to see directly. The college loaning system just to start. What then is free will if your a slave to a corporate conglomarete you never even met. Karma sets in for people who are slaves, they begin to start diffrent paterns. Those paterns carry on to there children and other people. The next thing you know everone has cookie cutter homes and plays the average american family. How is that freedom? And how to we break karma if we can't even understand how its working in our whole society?

2. i think you're a pretty cool guy yuo philiosifize and doesnt afraid of anything

3. my thoughts exactly

4. Free will does not exist in my opinion. Choosing between options is not free will. Every event/coincidence made has an explanation for why it happened. With respect to us humans, every decision is carried out by our brain chemistry. We never act based on decisions that are not propelled by anything.

Freedom is an illusion. But so is not having freedom, since you cannot take away freedom if does not exist. Life is just an illusion, it comes down to what you make of it.

5. #6 sourd420kush, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    exactly. there are two different ways to look at anything.

6. I think the responsibility of having free will is accepting the consequences.

7. So many words...

But nothing was said. :(

8. #9 sourd420kush, Jul 22, 2011
    you just have to get the right perspective on the subject. you'll understand eventually.

9. :laughing:

Oh... okay!

10. #11 sourd420kush, Jul 22, 2011
    watch this video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIBtvXzoq_w[/ame] it should explain a little bit about life

11. #13 sourd420kush, Jul 22, 2011
    that was my plan. glad you enjoyed it

12. Well parents choose to teach there kids the way they think is best, which is usually what they were taught. By all means bro break the tradition. So what I'm saying is we all have free will but we choose not to use it to our fullest.

13. I think we are responsible for our own evolution, which depends on the karma we choose to follow (whether consciously realising it or not). I think it takes awareness to see the choice in life that we create. Free will isn't 100%, considering our life=the sum of our experiences, but these sums also=our evolution. We still create the choice of experience in life (for the current moment), which is our responsibility. What we do in this lifetime could have more impact further down the line after our lifes than we may realise...

14. free will is the ability to choose for ourselves what we will do as far as how we conduct ourselves and what we will do in life. we are not puppets and no one has us on a string, that's free will, to have minds of our own. i think the responsibility comes in in that in choosing what we will do in our day to day lives, it is our responsibility to choose wisely... to not go out and shoot people, even though we COULD, we have the free will to... moral responsibility tells us thats not a good idea... so it ties in with morals.. its our responsibility to choose wisely when acting out our free wills, but i believe our individual morals guide us in doing so.. just my $.02...

15. i think thats very sound advice. i hope someone else reads that.

:hello::wave::D:smoke:

16. #18 esseff, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    Well said my greenhemp friend.

This is the age old question of how much we, as society, really need all the rules we allow our representatives to impose upon us, and how important it is that we should take responsibility for ourselves. By giving responsibility to the State to tell us what we can and can't do, we slowly lose our ability to know what's actually right for ourselves. We just get used to accepting the control of 'big brother' and we simply don't notice as we lose the ability to act according to our own moral compass.

In an ideal world, if there could ever be such a thing, there'd be no need for a law that told me not to murder upon fear of punishment. My own morality and sense of right and wrong would guide me in this matter, as it should with most things. In an ideal world of course.

But this all really comes down to a question of control. In order for me to be able to live according to how I see fit, everyone else has to accept what that is, as long as I don't interfere with them, even if it doesn't fit in with their idea of how that should be. But if they don't like it, and they decide to do something about it, they can easily exert their will over mine, causing me to either have to conform, run away, disguise my actions, or get locked up.

So free will, in real terms, relies on the people you live around understanding tolerance and acceptance. As soon as you introduce fear into the mix, tolerance and acceptance goes out the window, and you give the State the opportunity to step in to 'protect' us all from it. And as we all see, once you give power to someone else, they end up corrupting it and we simply have to keep starting all over again.

17. thank you! :wave::smoke:

18. the responsibility of free will is to spread itself, and protect itself.

we need to cherish all life, and evolve to a point where we no longer consume it.

with great power comes great responsibility