Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do you think, Seasoned tokers?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by iMaven, Dec 3, 2008.

1. #1 iMaven, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
    Do you smoke marijuana as a way to escape your problems?
    I definitely don't.

This girl i'm talking to is being very ignorant (as i'm pretty sure most marjiuana users aren't using it for that?? i hope my hunch is right..

We were talking about smoking weed and i was saying how it has close to no negative side effects and thenn :

Kelley

true. but im not intrested in wasting my time

so many people use substances to escape problems.. which presents even bigger problems later. so why not just deal with them when they come at you and then you can forget about it!! haha thats how i see it

Leland

.....that was an ignorant statement.

and i'm going to choose, for once, to not address it, because it is too simple.

Kelley

i never said you have to feel the same way.. but thats how i feel. confronting your problems is so hard (well to me)haha but its worth it in the long run. if i used drugs every time i felt like life was shit..id be a pothead. thats why ive never done it haha

Leland

your statements are ignorant i'm sorry.
    not stupid, just ignorant

Kelley

im sorry you feel that way. i mean i dont think pot is bad in and of itself..but if you use it cause youre bored or just cause you trying to get away from life.. it will just hurt even more in the long run.

I never even told her that is why i did it.
    she is under the impression that is why people smoke marijuana. wow. I hope that isn't why you people smoke marijuana.

2. All I can say is since Kelly is in the class of 10', that qualifies as jailbait.

3. Yeaa i edited that out (i'm assuming you used facebook link?)

4. Don't get caught :D

5. yeah.. i think shes right... sorry but i do... that doesnt mean dont do it... im just saying i know that smoking cigs is bad for me... i still smoke

6. I treat people the way I want to be treated regarding weed.

I don't go around expressing how great weed is unless the person has a desire to try it. It's the same thing as someone telling you how bad weed is for you. The fact is that most people wont take your personal opinion into consideration because they already have their minds made up on the subject.

A lot of people are naive when it comes to marijuana, and nothing you say will change their perspective on the subject. It's like if someone comes to you and tries to force a religion on you. He feels strongly on the subject and thinks that he is helping you out, but you already have your mind made up on the matter and nothing is going to change your mind.

7. Couldn't have said it better my friend. There is in no way possible a better way of explaining this situation.

+ Rep

Thank you.:smoke:

8. I hate it when people who have never smoked before decide that it is acceptable to rationalize like that. I find it offensive. That's like me saying that all girls named Kelly are dumb sluts, and i would never say that because it isn't true(Besides, I don't know all the Kelly's in the world so I wouldn't speak about something that I knew little about). But then again, I am sure that some Kelly's in the world are dumb sluts.
    ;)

Everyone on this planet is unhappy with some aspect of their lives. I know I am, but that doesn't mean that I use so I can escape the pain of my life. Maybe it is just me, but Kelly sounds like she is depressed. Most people choose not to smoke because it is illegal, or they have a really hectic schedule at the time, or they just respect their own body(I'm not saying we disrespect our bodies by smoking, but that tends to be a popular reason). She said she was afraid of using too much. Not because marijuana is addictive, but rather because she would abuse it.

9. i feel like you're the first person to understand what i was saying haha. +rep.

to make it clearer to other readers...
    Do you believe that the large majority of pot smokers smoke marijuana to escape reality (as a means of handling the 'stress' of life, because they have no other way to handle it )?

10. #10 blackcloud, Dec 3, 2008
    Yes I believe a large variety of people use Marijuana to escape from reality, that's one of it's greatest qualities. I thought that was pretty obvious, although to say the majority do is definitely ignorant. It all depends on the person.

For all those people trying to escape reality, there are millions more trying to expand theirs.

11. but i mean as a way of coping with their own life..
    See, the way she is putting it, is that smokers only smoke because they hate their life and they smoke to make them feel better about it.
    so you think the majority of people hate their life and smoke to escape from it?

I love my life, but i smoke as a way to transcend reality, but not escape it...

12. #12 blackcloud, Dec 3, 2008
    I edited my post I wasn't quite finished, my bad. No I think there's varieties of people who use Marijuana for many different reasons and to say that the majority of people who use Marijuana, use it because they hate their lives is a very ignorant statement. She just needs to be educated.

My edited post, sorry about the confusion. This is not an excuse, but I'm high as shit man.
    Many obviously use it to relax and "cope" with life, take the edge of. We all need to relax and escape some time from our daily lives, there's nothing wrong with that. Some people smoke all day in order to get through it, it keeps them calm. They feel "regular" while high.

13. You asked why would I use it?

My answer: To have one heck of a vacation, it's good to leave "Earth's orbit."...VERY GOOD :)

14. when i started smokin i used it recreationally... to have a good time..
    then when things went wrong, a family member or two passed away i thought : FUCK IT im gonna get fucked up, so high and get drunk etc.. when i was teenager.

now im older, you realize shit things happen, and most of you in GC are prob. very lucky ppl.. i mean you have computers:rolleyes:, u dont live on the streets etc... :cool:

but i learnt, that you just have to sit back, light that joint and the sweet sweet herb will do the rest..Lmao.:smoking:

15. Although many of us practice responsible drug use, and prevent it from interfering with daily life, she wouldn't not be incorrect to say that many people DO use drugs to escape from their problems.

You need to clarify that drug use, like any other personal choice, cannot be so quickly and carelessly generalized. Drug use (or abuse) is extremley contextual.

She is attempting to remove the context so that her morally superior conjecture can be asserted.

I can actually understand her position, because even as a long time drug user, I would agree that MOST people I've come across, in fact abuse drugs in a very negative way.