What do you think of this situation

Discussion in 'General' started by jasonjasonjason, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Ok so Im going to try to make this brief and easy to understand. The past couple months I have been pretty into acid, several bottles (100hits) per month..I wasnt eating it all though my friends were getting into some also;) anyways my close friend that I trip a lot with, I almost always give him doses for free when he trips with me. this is just because i know he likes tripping a lot and i can kind of deal with giving away a few free drops here and there. after a while though i was running low on money and i owed this guy cash, and my friend i was just talking about lent my 200 dollars on the spot. this was greatly appreciated and i repaid him half of the money within 5 days.

Now that I still owe him 100 dollars, i wish he would understand the idea i have that maybe since we are close tripping buddies, he should just forget the other 100 dollars because of all the free acid I have given him and will continue to give him. keep in mind he is also a bit time weed moocher, i always smoke him out (multiples per day) but hes paid less than 50 dollars for weed in the past 2 months while ive paid over 300.

Is it just me being an asshole or is he the one that should be under criticism. I feel like a cheap bastard trying to get out of paying someone money, but damn if i figured it all out he would probably be owing ME money:mad:

2. Just tell him, be like "Yo man, can we call that 100$ even, ive been tossin you free hits, smoked you out a lot.."

Its a hard situation, ive been in it before with my best friend..Dont wanna ask him to clear a debt, but you've done soo much for him..

3. I understand what you're saying, I really do.

But when you give something to somebody for free, weather you smoke them out, give them some pills, or some hits of acid; you have to realize that it was just that; a gift.

you're a good guy, from what I read in your posts, so I know your trying to be fair to both of you (meaning your not some new member trying to rip off a friend). But if you're friend doesn't think thats fair, then I wouldn't press the issue.

I know it sucks, and all it really boils down to is being a loyal friend and taking one for the team.

4. You're good. Friends sometimes take advantage of a good situation, and you gotta set them straight. Sounds like you don't owe him shit...

I understand the gift thing...but, the way I see it. The way I do it...it's not a gift, but more of a loaner...there's kind of an understanding that they owe ya one...so now sounds like a good time for him to return the favor...

5. Ive been in the situation too, and its not pretty *usually*.

Id say if you wnana keep him as a friend, ask him about it politely but dont push the subject.

my suggestion, is although he is a friend instead of giving him free shit always, drop the price to the price YOU pay for it. thats all someone can ask for. :D

6. ya man, thats really hard. my opinion would be since you gave it to him for free with no reciprication requested, it really isnt fair to ask him to keep the money ya know. that would put him in a really uncomfortable position. personally i think you should pay him back, then just go halves on the rest of the drugs from now on, i mean i like to hook people up to, but i cant be always buying stuff for them, so just be like hey dude you should grab the next bag, thats a fair thing to say

7. Nah man you gotta pay him the cash back. You borrowed it so you gotta repay its basic rules dude

8. i pretty much agree with what others have said
    unfortunately for you, when you give someone something free, smoke them out, etc. there is almost never a sense that they owe you the price of that gift.
    certainly if you smoke someone up a lot, its nice and decent of them to repay the favor, and smoke you up sometimes. but its really not fair to ask them to give you cold cash.
    quite frankly YOU decided to give him that stuff for free, and he did repay the favor to you. he loaned you 200 bucks, a large amount of money for most younger people (between school debts/low wages etc).
    i think the best system is what someone said above. you must pay him back, because you do owe him the money he loaned you. but from now on, ask him to kick in money for the drugs, seeing as he is doing them. next time you buy a bottle, say he should pitch in 20 bucks or something (at least), because its inevitable that he will use some of it. next time you go to pick up weed, tell him you want to split the bag, to save some cash, because you will be smoking it all together anyway.
    if hes a true friend he will see that this is a totally reasonable request.

p.s. we dont know the whole situation, perhaps he has already repayed you in other ways? does he let you use his house/car/food all the time? does he supply you a source for these drugs? does he generally do you big favors?
    if he does these things, mabye you need to look at the situation more generally. you let him cop a buzz off of you, but he helps you out in many other ways.

9. I think that if he really is a good friend, he'll pay you back sooner or later. My best friend and I never keep track of how much we owe each other. Over the 10+ years I've known him, I have bought food, drinks, crap like that for him countless times. He's done the same for me. If a friend is a real friend, everything will come back around.

Borrowing money is a different story. If my friend bums like 20 bucks from me, I expect to be payed back. He would expect the same from me.

It comes down to when and where the money is used. My rule of thumb is when you're buying stuff(munchies for example) payback is not neccessary; when you lend someone money, it is.

10. If i were you, i would just be up front w/ him.

Since your low on funds, and he is a good friend just be real w/ him and tell him that you think you shouldn't have to pay him back b/c you've been throwing him free hits and smoking him out alot.

If he objects, just pay him his $ back, $100 isnt worth a friend ship imo.

11. Man, I don't know what these other guys are talking about. If I was getting free shit all the time and the guy I was getting it from was like "Hey I know I owe you, but can we call it even since I gave you all that free shit?" I would be way less offended than if he paid me back and then kept asking for money for drugs that I had been getting as gifts before.

If you ask him nicely once and he freaks the fuck out, then he's not a very good friend (plus you won't feel obligated to give anymore free shit to the fucker).

12. ok damn man sorry but i just have to at least warn you, you know it will effect how you act later on in life right. 100 hits of acid a month did i read that wrong?

13. he doesnt hook me up with the drugs.. or sell them. I do all of that, all he does is hang out with me and when i want to trip he just kind of expects to trip with me. yes we go through a lot of acid we probably eat 10-12 hits a week but im getting out of that phase:p