What do you think of this article?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fayn2madness, Jan 19, 2013.

1. At least a mention of the War on Drugs' influence in the situation would've been good to see. But since, Obama, has made it clear that he's not even for legalizing weed I'm not sure what the author thinks a speech will accomplish.

2. I think there are worse places than Chicago, including where I grew up.

Why is Chicago the poster child?

Kind of off topic, I know.

3. Chicago has one of the most gun killings in the world.

4. Per capita there are cities that are a lot worse pretty much every year.

They just aren't talked about.

5. They need to hire a web designer.

One that knows web design, preferably.

6. There are important statistics in the article. Looks here like they are being overlooked.
    What is the point of the article?
    Have you noticed the deaths in cities compared to the deaths in war zones?
    Deaths per capita?
    How many compared to Sandy Hook? or all the mass shootings for the year?
    Isn't Chicago one of the most rigid "Gun Control" cities? Isn't Illinois a strict "Gun Control" state?

7. It's not an article, it's an op-ed piece.

8. are you going to go through and correct all the typo's and spelling and grammar too?
    Welcome to it.

9. You asked what we thought about it. If you were looking for a specific answer, you should have said so.

It's important to understand the difference between fact and opinion, and there was very little fact presented in that op-ed.

Come on.. you think this guy is an expert on inner-city violence in Chicago?

[​IMG]

He's entitled to his opinion, you're entitled to buy into it, and I'm entitled to call it a load of crap!

10. I wouldn't walk alone in the south or east side after dark, all the same

11. #12 fayn2madness, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013

Did you look at the statistics he cited? There is a way to read this stuff to find facts you wouldn't see otherwise. I am looking for no certain opinion, I am asking what you think of the information it provides. No matter his opinion what do you think of the statistics? Why do you think the focus is on the lesser of our troubles? Why isn't the safety of our cities all over the country not the focus of the Government right now? Do you deny Chicago has the most ridgid gun laws in the country? Do you deny Illinois is a close 2nd behind New York for rigid state gun laws? Who has the most gun violence? Why is 20 children at a prep school more important than the children in our cities going to ordinary govt schools? Not that I don't think that's a tragedy, however it has already happened, in our cities, day by day and none of the gun laws stopped it.

12. Im not sure what can be deduced about his expertise by a picture of him smiling.

Enlighten me.

13. The only person with expertise I consult about Chicago is MrChiCity3

14. well hes white, so that either means he knows what hes talking about, or he doesnt.

15. You can click on his name and read his bio. I saw nothing about him having any expertise whatsoever on inner-city crime.

If you have other credible facts to prove me wrong, I'm all ears!

16. He sites statistics,
    look them up.
    they exist and they are real and they are from the Government you support

17. His bio? Is he supposed to have a ph.D in ghetto studies?

18. Funny how his picture didn't link to his bio.

19. typical progressive tactics going on, when you can't dispute the facts attack the messenger.