what do you think of my site?

Discussion in 'General' started by BongReviews, Dec 14, 2006.

1. I started a website called www.bongreviews.com

It has come pretty far from the day it was launched. But there is still tons left to be done.

Some of you on the forum may have time to time seen the site.

Give me some feedback on what you like, don't like. Constructive criticism only. :wave:

2. good idea and a nice site

3. I like it, I've been their a few times from seeing you post. The site will be a lot better once you get more reviews. I also think the layout could use some work, but its fine for now. Maybe you could include an option for people to add their own reviews.

4. Ya, layout, nothing amazing, but doesnt detrake from your idea, maybe add to it later.

right now you need content, and on top of that, try to ad a little spice. maybe a bit better organization,

and what could set you apart from some other similar site? id say user reviews for sure, maybe with a rating system. you have a great resource here of many knowledable people, try to use that to your advantage

great idea, and im glad to see you put a good thought to use

edit: guides. i missed oyu made that section. perfect, there are so many people around here you could make a perfect guide, if there isnt many posted already. good, clear consice guides are hard to come by.

5. I like simple layouts, but this has crossed into Spartan. It's also very static; the titles on the left don't change colour when you hover the mouse over or anything. No interaction or feedback.

In the absense of things like guides, it should at least say "Guides are coming soon" or something like that.

The top-middle title area is yeuch! Why not continue the blue smoke from the left right across the top? The wording "reviews", or whatever, even the navigation, would fit neatly into there. This will improve the style and overall composition, which to me feels disjointed and incongruous.

There's no space for user comments under the reviews. Pity.

Your link banner looks daft with the sideways bong. With smoke, it's easy enough to make a horizontal plume from a regular vertical bong, no?

It's a great idea, though. I hope you put in the work to make it a great site.

-mu

ps. the "message" textarea on your contact form is like 12 characters wide! Also, the email address is in plain text on the page, which is a spam magnet.

6. Thanks for the feedback. The layout was done quickly, want to get alot of content up and see how successful the site is before putting time and money into a better layout.

7. i like the site i found the reveiws very helpful this is just an idea but you should have it like wikipedia where people can add there own reviews and by doing that you could add more stuff to be reviewed

8. Sites tight, But agree with the others on adding a 'add your own review' section/

9. i found this thread after seeing your sig, name, usertext, av, all pushing this site. aside from the poor design and layout of the site, and especially the lack o fcontent, the reviews are just plain bad and misleading... cmon 8.5 and 9 out of 10 on the hurrican and cyclone? those things are the biggest overpriced GonG gimicky jokes I have ever had the displeasure to smoke out of. 7 out of 10 on that bushmaster thing? with a rating scale like that you leave no room to rate real glass on glass pieces. how the hell would you rate a roor or toro perc if crap like you reviewed gets a 7 out of 10?

10. its a good idea but i dont think you have the knowlege to make it top knotch.

throw me some bills and ill write a review for every gong bong in the market
    ive smoked em all..