what do you think of my little set up idea?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SweetCheeba, Mar 15, 2008.

1. My Plans:
    a 600w hps/ metal halide conversion light.
    soil grow
    30"x30"x5' cabinet inside a bedroom closet.
    and i would like some ideas for ventalation..dont want to use computer fans..
    thinking of around 7ish plants? what you think?
    maybe even 9?
    just fill me in on some of your knowledge if you dont mind

let me know of the ventilation...if that many plants will smell to much..maybe a carbon filter? let me know if the light will be sufficient enough..or maybe add some floros on the side....give it to me?

2. Hey,

Well, thats an small area for a 600W imo. A 600 is estimated for 5-7 p's based on the 100W per P average. However it isnt impossible.
    On top of this I recommend at least 1 square foot per P in your area, which only leaves you with 4 if i read your demensions right.
    I would normally recommend a 400W and do 4-5, but this will still need some ventilation in this area much better than pc fans as im sure you already know. Smell will be an issue.
    You could always start with fluros, then add them to the sides when you decide on an HID later.

3. so ya. i was thinking bigger anyhow.
    so ill go 3'x3'x5'. you think the heights cool? so thats 9 sqft. from what you said. 1 p a square foot... i could have 9...but what...6 sound decent? with the 600w. i just want to go big...get that fast growth and larger yield..but dont be scared to tell me straight..i love the help..thanks man

4. No Problem,

Well, you are somewhat low on height, depending on your setup.
    Average pot size is over a foot tall, an HID light will need to be about 1-2 feet away (depending on ventilation), so as you know, that only leaves you with a couple feet. However it can be done if its a must, just read up on different styles of grow.
    If you are going bag seed, you should start with more of them than you want to end up with due to males, unless you want those too. With a 600W I would want to end up with 5-7 P's, but more can be done, again different styles of grow.

5. so what 7'? because i do want to use a big light...just for yield and speed. and ya ill start of thos 6ish plants. get rid of males...do females..and clone a super female or something....the nicest one..im not tyring to just do this fast and get bud...looking long run...find a nice bitch plant and clone
    but 3'x3'x7' sound more like it...plenty of vertical room?

6. Are you making something or is it pre made? Just curious, are you able to save yourself some room on the 3x3? The more room you can have the better, as the 1sqr foot per P average is just that, an average and can easily be overdrawn.

Yea, sounds like a plan, ventilation will take 2 medium sized fans at the least. Bring intake from below, and exhaust up high. Yea, 7 is much better for a beginner, but with the experts, just depends on how tall you want the P's. Many ways to control their growth.
    Have you checked out the grow room design section? Lots of info.

7. yeah honestly its my bedroom closet. not walk in. but two big sliding doors. Just looking at it and guestimating the size...from wall to wall. its 5-6 wide. 2 and a half deep...maybe 3. and cieling high...

what you thinking...because i dont have to have square dimensions..i could do rectangle...and what maybe two lower wattage hps?

i just rememember a firend here in town told me he did ...hydro...i believe 26"x26" and did 9 plants?

but idk

but they can be pretty close...kinda touching am i right?

twelve iinch pots?

any soil yoou recomen/ fertilizer..

what ever help you can give is cool...
    i have a very high quality camera...i can keep you in loop and show you my set up...
    its actually not at my house

its at my big bros...
    he kinda has a extra room...and "doensnt know" wish icould do whole room experiment..but just this closet.

but ya ill show you my build process and all that good stuff

8. you need to go hydro then holmeslice. i you want bigger, faster, then dump the soil. i'm in no way dissin soil, cuz i have been down that road, but from what i have seen from peeps on here it's the way to go!

i say go ahead and use the 6oowatter with a cool tube, hook up a nice inline fan to that baby and suck all that heat out into an attic space or something. then when the stink starts you will be prepared to hook a carbon filter up.

and remember, be careful gorilla gardening... especially in someone else's house!
    peace:smoking: