what do you think of my grow room? comments welcome

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by gaso22, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Looks a lot better then my little grow box.  Nice set up!!!

2. Wow, where do you live?

3. #23 Honest American, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014

Oregon, at the end of the year I believe? we get to vote on legalization again. :metal:

4. #24 BigNugDoug, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

I mean I don't hang with a ton of smokers these days I don't know what the average person smokes.  The woman and I each smoke about 1g of dank every day. Top shelf stuff.  At our worst times we were burning through a quarter a day which was way excessive imo. Totally pointless.  At that point not even getting very high just easing our desires for MOAR!  Hasn't been like that for a while.

So realisically for the 2 of us we would only need 2oz a month total.  So we would only need a qp every 2 months.  A single 600w could yield us close to 4x that every 2 months if we were experienced growers.  So we could be smokin an eighth a day with a single 600w. *edit* after typing I'm thinking WHY THE FUCK doesn't everyone just light up a 600 and overgrow the government?

I mean I am by no means an experienced grower but I would imagine it doesn't matter whether you jam 5 small plants under a 600 or 1 single big one you would get close to the same amount(it's somewhat of a square footage thing no?).  Correct me if I'm wrong please. The only thing is you lose out on veg time but with 3 veg 3 flower you are going to want to veg for that whole flower period anyways right?

I dunno am I just high?  I feel like with the right wattage 3 massive flowered plants under 3k of light can provide a family of 10 with non stop smoke.

5. #25 Bill O'Really, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    Cool. I hope that they don't screw you over on the personal grow. Too many people are too willing to accept a bad law just to have the word legal attached in any way possible to the word Cannabis.

Like one blade said..."If you want it bad, you get it BAD"....that's what they got in my state.
    Delaware has no personal grows, and is only allowed one vendor, and they get to handle their own grow. No co-ops or grows aside from them. And they somehow fucked that up....they are only allowed to grow 150 plants...LOL

I could fit 5 at the most, but it's a little crowded. I figured you'd get around the same yield I don't know, I just make sure their leaves aren't touching each other.

I'm using a 600 watt, Parabolic dome reflector- thought that would be the best light to choose but I read that those are more effective using a MH not HPS, as the HPS light bulb is less effective hanging veritical than horizontal. ?

Screw me over, you mean once it's legal? I hope not, you know the west coast is more relaxed :smoke:

But a few days ago in Portland they had a meeting about closing down the dispensaries? Don't think anything came out of it.

I don't know about the West coast much. All we ever hear on the news here is that the people over there are so upset that they have began to make pot legal, and how it is ruining their communities. Which I thought was odd since I thought it took a majority of people to change government...well a majority to change it when it's in their favor. It takes an act of God and 90% to change it when it isn't in their favor. lol.

Correct.  Actually I am not 100% on this but I think all lights in general are more effective in a horizontal mount as the light shines out the side of the bulb, not from the tip as do MH and HPS bulbs.  That parabolic dome's are generally used to get a larger square footage lit up with less wattage.  Being less intense light of course.

10. I don't know about the East

I don't know about the East much :) Seems like it's more strict there. Would like to try an outdoor grow this year, worried about someone seeing it though. No greenhouse either.. so maybe it wouldn't be worth it. It rains into July here.

The information I found was saying it's effective for MH, hell who uses that shit? I like my T-5's. Thought I was being extra smart getting that dome so it would reflect light- but it's work well enough,

12. Nice room, id

Why the plants don't give a fuck, some weird OCD thing you have?

You think my plants touch each other? 21414f.jpg

13. I think MH is more economical for bigger grows?  T5's are fine for someone like you though.   Imagine trying to veg 5k watts or something crazy like that in T5HO's.  Yikes!

14. I like to outsmart myself. I don't know, I figured maybe they'd get more light and would grow bigger if they weren't crowded? Isn't less more? : ) I'm new at going I don't really know the ins and outs. Didn't want to overcrowd.

Yeah I'm not growing for the town lol. The ballast/light I received came with MH and HPS bulb, my veg cabinet isn't as tall as I'd like, so I guess I could switch them to MH for a little more growth.

It's pretty bad in my state. But the H is getting pretty fucking bad here. So hopefully they'll stop paying as much attention. Then again...me and the wife are planning to move to CO. I want some mountains.... tired of this flat land. And all these flatbillies...(no hills) lol

You are good, I like to do the sea of green method so what I do is massive overcrowding.

View attachment 1366537

As a prairie boy I can completely relate..... and you already know I want my American citizenship. :p

19. I'm out in California, and it is a little crazy having it outside..but I do have my dog back there ( American pitbull" so he roams the area and holds it down pretty well

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. With massive overcrowding..it doesn't affect light penetration to some?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app