What do you think of my first time grow box?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ZYMIK, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Made of 5/8" MDF, painted latex white, 2 1100 lumen spiral 65K lights, thermally controlled computer fan, and a digital thermometer to keep an eye on temps.

Box ID = 16D x 24W x 36H

What do you guys think? Any advice to improve? The air is blowing into the box because it dropped about 5*F from sucking air out of the box. The box is sealed from light exposure, and the only vent holes are at the bottom and the ones in the lighting fixture.

2. i think it might be hot.

3. I just hooked it up today. ambient temp is 82 deg box temp is 85 deg. unless you ment hot like baaaadassss.

4. the box is not as short as it looks i have stands putting the plant closser to the light so as the plant gets bigger i just lower the plant its only been in there one week and its doin great.just not sure when to start to flower...any help wood be grate

5. ok well i have herd of people growing there plant to a foot tall and then putting it into flowering and flower the plant for bout 45 days so well good luck

6. this plant seems to be doing great in this box with just 2 floros. can I switch to warm white floros to flower? or am I just pissin up a rope? alot of people say use mh or hps .but if i use floros will i just get a lesser yield.

7. Yes your yield and plant size will be limited...though I'd highly recomend getting the plant closer to the light...The distance it's at now your losing about 40% of your CFLs power...Other than that looks good, I'd also think about adding 2 more CFLs for flowering if possible...

8. how did you make that box, looks amazing, didu use a fan or anything? if so where is it?

9. 5/8" MDF, painted latex white inside. Cutout holes for 2 lights from Home DePOT, used 65K florescent light bulbs, Hinged the door, and a single 80mm thermaly controlled fan on the top side of the box. You can see in the 3rd pic the fan through the open door.

10. Some newer pics ;)

9 days ago today...
    [​IMG]

Today! 14" tall...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Put a tuberware thingy over the lights to keep it from shining at night!

11. doesnt have any Room to grow and bud.. YOur plant doubles in size after you flower.. How do you raise the Light?

12. I dont raise the lights I lower the plant. it is sitting on some stands that you use for aerobics. the wife has never used them so she wont miss them. she doesnt even know im growing weed I told her i was growing hops cuz i brew my own beer. so nobody even looks in the box I mean how exciting are hops?....

13. Row Ok Rorge

14. hey, i was wondering how the threadstarter wired the fan?
    i have a computer fan like the one in the picture and have nothing to power it... any help would be great :)

EDIT: i have found a few Chargers, am i looking for a DC output or an AC output?

i already know its 12V so thats a given

15. I had a bunch of old power addapters laying around (come with things like speakers, cell phones, etc.). It has a box that plugs into the wall, will say 12V DC some where on it... tried a 9V before, doesnt work. You can pick one up at Radioshack if you need.

16. Box looks great I used a 100 watt HPS remote Micgro-sun combo CFL/HPS system in a grow that was smaller than yours and had great results control the heat and reap the harvest, good luck