what do you think of my first attempt...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dreeeeek, Nov 14, 2012.

1. hey everyone, my name is drake and i'm kinda new here. i've lurked around w/o a username for awhile, but decided i'd sign up and get some advice specifically for my grow instead of going off of other peoples advice.

Where I need help: i need to know if i'm heading in the right direction setting up my tent to meet my goals of about 3 to 4oz each harvest, that way i have plenty to smoke while i continue to learn more about growing different strains. i would hate to embarrass myself w some dead plants...

1) the room the plants will be in will stay around 76/78*f at all times, so i don't think temps should exceed 85*f w the light on, but will it be horrible if it does?

2) i have 2 green love potion seeds, 2 sugar black rose, and 3 critical jack, but will only plant two for the first grow. will these two plants over grow the tent in 5gal pots?

i have attached a picture of the planned setup and details of the setup below.
    (don't make fun of my plants lmfaooo)

as of right now my plans are:
    400w hps w aircooled hood
    4” growbright inline fan
    22” x 36” x 63” tent
    humidifier
    thermo/hydrom
    ff ocean forest
    ff trio nutes
    6” fan

[​IMG]

2. Sounds right, 1.5-2oz per plant on your first run with a 400w. Good luck!!

3. Yeah dude. Everything looks pretty damn good there. Good luck!

4. will i run into problems using the 400w hps throughout the entire grow?

should i maybe start with cfls until they are a couple weeks old?

Thanks btw! i will be doing a grow journal when i start. i'll post a link here for anyone who is interested.

5. another question..

i have just about a full setup ordered (like in my picture), but i was thinking about getting another tent, to have one for veg and the other for flower.

let's say i picked up another tent and instead of using the 400w hps for the entire grow, i'd use a 300w LED light? HTG Supply - 300 Watt High Powered Tri-Band LED Grow Light

would i have a smaller yield as the LED is only 300w compared to 400w from the hps? it says that growth rates can exceed a 1000w hps, but could that just be a way to sell it for so much money($600)?

i'm mainly looking for ways to keep the heat down, and i hear that LEDS don't give off that much.

if i'd end up w a better yield going that route, my veg tent would be (w 4 plants):
    - 2ft 4 lamp T5
    - htg motherkeeper tent
    - fan/thermo/etc

then, next to it would be a flower tent (w four plants):
    - 300w LED mother ship (possibly 400w hps too)
    - inline fan
    - htg small tent
    - humidifier/thermo/etc