What do you think of Mars Hydro 300W LED Grow light?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hydroponicsgrow1, May 18, 2017.

1. I don't like them. They don't last and warranty loops you have to jump through will kill a grow. But, it will grow plants though, somewhat.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hey, bro. Have you ever bought one? Could you please show us some pics? ;-) Why you say will kill a grow?

3. Hi @420Juvat
    Sorry about that, you can contact with us when your lights have problem, we will help you repair it.
    We always recommend our customers hang the lights:
    seedling: 24"-30" above the plants
    Veg: 18"-24" above the plants
    Flowering: 12"-18" above the plants
    We had test those hanging distance many times, it won't get the plants hurt.
    Sorry again!

4. I don't need to buy one to read all the reviews about them burning out in large chunks. Sure they have a warranty but how long will it take for them to make you jump through a bunch of hoops, then how long before you get your light back from the repair shop? That long amount of time without a light will kill a grow.

But since you are being defensive means you already purchased one and are looking for others to say you did a good purchase. That, I can not and will not do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I've seen that they can get good results. They seem to be a step above vipar in terms of quality, but that's not saying much..
    I've also heard many complaints about both their lights and their customer service. I have looked into purchasing one before, did lots of research, and decided against it.
    Smokesara seems more than willing to help forum members if you make a thread about it, I have a feeling you wouldn't get the same treatment if you are not a member of a grow forum tho..
    I'm also not a fan of companies purposely misleading customers as far as wattage/coverage.

Again, I haven't tried them because of what I've read, this is just my opinion based on what their customers have said and what I've read.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I own 2 mars panels. I have a mars2 and it lasted about 3-4 months before the leds started burning out. (that grow is logged in my thread) ..it grew some good buds though till then. I also own a mars reflector panel. The 'growth' side recently stopped working which was the majority of the panel's total wattage. It grew some ok buds for a while. I think I had that one for about a year before it broke. Both have been replaced by cobs.

mars seems to have great customer service from what I hear. I often see threads where people have issues with their panels and Sara always seems real helpful. I never bothered to contact them about my panels cuz I had no interest in fixing them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hi Juvat,
    We had many growers help us to test our lights, according to our recommend hanging distance, it won't burn the plants, Loki had test our lights, he found that even the plants touch the Mars II light, it won't have issue and the Mars Pro II light you must keep the light no less than 6", you can check the UK growers unite on GC. About the repair time, sorry about that, you send the light back to our repair center and after we send it back to you that will take some times, and our repair center colleague need time to repair it, when they repaired the lights, they must double check to make sure your lights can work as usual, all those will need time.

8. Hi Pistils
    Since there are so many threads need to see and I have many other things, so some threads I might missed, and couldn't provide help immediately. Truly sorry about that. no matter whether you are forum members who have a thread on here. we would like to help if having problems. Anytime when you have problem feel free to tag me or send message to me.

9. Really sorry for your loss

10. Oh, I don't use your lights. This thread alone is enough to see how many issues they have. I would not spend money on a product that has so many negative reviews honestly.
    You know what a good company would do if someone's light has problems? Send them a brand new one ASAP rather than tell them that it takes so much time to repair the broken garbage.
    That's a great example of what I was talking about as far as customer service, not to mention you didn't read or comprehend a single word of my post that you replied to.

11. I had to unignor her to see what you were replying to. It's pretty obvious the message was lost in translation. Not surprising for Mars

• Agree Agree x 1