What do you think of guys who suck-up to other guys

Discussion in 'General' started by married2mj, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Am i wrong if i get pissed off at suck-ups?

Like chill people...but they'll suck the fuck up to you for no apparent reason and always seem like they're trying to earn your respect by being overly "nice" and impressing you with stupid things. They're likable but they hit the ego in just the wrong place and you'll feel obliged to like purposely ignore some of their stuff.

And then they dont understand why you do that and they'll take it personally and start acting all pissy.

and they're always really whipped to their girl which annoys me too.

/rant

what do you guys think?

2. I used to see this a lot during HS, a lot of people use to suck up to the people with the highest status aka the football players, jocks, people with the most expensive wear, praising an person cause of good traits is one thing but going overboard is too much Idk why man those people they suck up seem to be pretty douche.

3. I thought this said "What do you think of guys who suck up other guys"

4. [quote name='"bretsky"']I thought this said "What do you think of guys who suck up other guys"[/quote]

much better thread imo

5. its a sign of respect, so i dont get 'mad' but it does get annoying.

but what you really do though, is lace em up. they want to be like you, take it as a chance to spread out your essence. big G's help out the little g's

6. Idk, I don't let it phase me. There are far bigger problems to worry about.

7. ya its annoying. my sisters boyfriend is at least 5 years older than me and im a nobody and hes always sucking up to me like....not just being nice to me but legitimately sucking up.

like i first met him at a party about a month ago and we were all drinking and shit and hes mad chill...I like his personality a lot when he's being genuine. back to the story, at the party i was hanging out with this one kid "A" and me and A left the party and walked to the gas station and smoked a bowl together and shit and were chillin...awesome kid i would chill with him again.

so then this week my sisters boyfriend came to my house and hes always treating me like im superior to him and it pisses me off, since im in no way superior to him.

like hes always trying to impress me...we were at dinner and he was talking to my parents like "ya there was this one time i went to the football game...it was with A and I let him wear my jersey" then he looks at me and is like "Hey you know A right?...me and him are reaaaal good friends"

I'm like "no shit I know A...he was chillin all night long...u think i forgot about A?"...okay I didnt say that but thats what I was thinking...plus this was literally the 3rd time I heard that terrible story...A told me it and my sis BF told me it back at the party too.

its just...this kids like whipped as fuck too and I dont find my sister attractive at all and I dont see how he does so you can understand why that would piss me off...

i just feel my sister can do way better than him and hes like sucking up to me because he thinks thats the only way he can keep her...idk...when in reality i would think a lot more of him if he just acted like himself.

8. Yea its somewat annoying but its not rly that big of a problem imo

Like someone above said at least it shows resoect and is wayyy better than insulting or violence

9. Some lead some follow. Some rambo.

10. idk i like when people insult me...it brings out the "real me"...okay maybe the "douchebaggery" version of me but its waaay more genuine. when people are sucking up to me i get all anxious and put high expectations on myself like "wtf why do they like me...what did i do to deserve this."

obviously though i most prefer when people just act natural and treat me like they like me...but im on the same level as them at the same time...you know what i mean

11. what do you mean by whipped to their girls?

12. Im to tired to read any above post but I read the title and two words came to mind

"little bitchs"

13. [quote name='"married2mj"']

idk i like when people insult me...it brings out the "real me"...okay maybe the "douchebaggery" version of me but its waaay more genuine. when people are sucking up to me i get all anxious and put high expectations on myself like "wtf why do they like me...what did i do to deserve this."

obviously though i most prefer when people just act natural and treat me like they like me...but im on the same level as them at the same time...you know what i mean[/quote]

Yea its more genuine but i dont see how u like being insulted . . . .

Damn u question why people like u?

Just be glad that people like u, its a positive thing

14. people will seem like they like me and way too much for no reason at all

like there would be this kid outside my dorm last year who would always go out of his way to be like "Hey whats up!" at the beginning of the semester to me when I was walking in and out the dorm.

then one time i was real drunk alone on a monday night and he comes up to me and starts talking and i was all anxious and shit not wanting him to realize i was drunk cuz i was embarrassed and shamefully depressed at the time and didnt say much and all of a sudden he leaves and goes inside. then the next time i see him he gives me a dirty look...then i start to question why people truly like me. and its just a never ending cycle. that type of thing happened to me about a billion times the last two years...

its not like that when im around people i feel comfortable with but when im alone and people suck up to me like im the one in the position of power when in reality they are...i just get all anxious and stuff and question their true motives.

15. and i dont like being insulted but i feel confident to stand up for myself...way more confident than ^ situation...so i guess it makes me feel good in a way even though it makes me angry at the same time.

16. [quote name='"married2mj"']

people will seem like they like me and way too much for no reason at all

like there would be this kid outside my dorm last year who would always go out of his way to be like "Hey whats up!" at the beginning of the semester to me when I was walking in and out the dorm.

then one time i was real drunk alone on a monday night and he comes up to me and starts talking and i was all anxious and shit not wanting him to realize i was drunk cuz i was embarrassed and shamefully depressed at the time and didnt say much and all of a sudden he leaves and goes inside. then the next time i see him he gives me a dirty look...then i start to question why people truly like me. and its just a never ending cycle. that type of thing happened to me about a billion times the last two years...

its not like that when im around people i feel comfortable with but when im alone and people suck up to me like im the one in the position of power when in reality they are...i just get all anxious and stuff and question their true motives.[/quote]

Sounds like some textbook social anxiety man

But u do have it after all

17. And they just like u for who u are yo

18. i don't trust ass-kissers intentions. cuz they're truly jealous or are doing it for selfish gains.

19. well lately ive been telling myself in situations like that "they dont give u a dirty look because they didnt like what you did...they did that because theyre just as insecure as you are."

i feel my social anxiety is 100% insecurities...so the more i tell myself "yeah youre just being insecure" the more i can help myself.

i wont ever truly be confident with myself when im alone until i feel worthy enough but i feel im making a lot of progress lately...but still i dont have many opportunities to because of my situation...

20. smoke more and be happy people are being nice. even if it feels artificial who cares better than grumpy assholes