What do you think is the most important political issue?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nativetongues, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Everytime I hear someone talk about politics they will always say this is the most important issue when talking about an issue that matters to them. To many on the right side of the political spectrum the biggest issues are ISIS, illegal immigration, and cutting taxes. To many on the left side the biggest issues are college debt/affordability, poor healthcare system, campaign finance, and Wall Street regulation. What is the most important issue to you politically? I would have to say for me the biggest issues in the presidential race are the persons thoughts on the military industrial complex and how likely they are to continue our perpetual state of warfare, as well as campaign finance. The reason I ask this question is because it seems that not only do our political parties disagree on the solutions to issues but they barely agree on what the main issues are.

2. legalization > getting everyone to smoke > see the high perspectives

3. The biggest issue is the out-of-control growth of government.

And the problem with voting is, you're always voting FOR government.

I want the opportunity to vote AGAINST government.

4. #4 Lenny., Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    For me it is without a doubt our financial/banking system/issuance of currency. No question about it. From this stems pretty much everything that is wrong with our government and society, and why things are the way they are. Nothing is going to change or get better until it is addressed and the federal reserve (and other private central banks) removed. Until then, all of this election nonsense is just theatre to me.

Long list of quotes below.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks…will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered…. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.” – Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.” –Thomas Jefferson

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance.” -James Madison

"If congress has the right under the Constitution to issue paper money, it was given them to use themselves, not to be delegated to individuals or corporations.” -Andrew Jackson

"A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.” -Woodrow Wilson

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

"Let me issue and control a nation"s money and I care not who writes the laws.” Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits or be so dependent upon its favours that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests.” The Rothschild brothers of London

5. Money in politics is the single biggest issue facing the US and the world and the world at large. Giving corporations First Amendment rights was planting the seed of corruption that has eroded the democracy of the United States over the last 40 years.

6. Campaign finance reform, for sure. To me this is the root of most of our issues.

7. Hey I'm with you on that. It's hard to pass any meaningful reform that will cause the slightest bit of pain or hassle to massive monetary interests. Just wanted to double check that all these quotes are legit because I feel half the time I see presidential quotes from that far back they turn out to be bullshit. If they are true that's some Nostradamus shit.

8. #8 Lenny., Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016

i trust that they are. they were featured on a film about banking by Bill Still. A great film called the Money Masters. This guy does his research. I would recommend it to anyone. It's very long and monotonous though.

Got the quotes from the movie's website: http://www.themoneymasters.com/the-money-masters/f...

regardless of the quotes many of the nation's founders and early leaders were critical of central banking, and that's probably why the constitution didn't allow for it

9. The biggest issue today, is the same as it was yesterday and the same as it will be tomorrow. Lack of education and human weakness, both which will always be exploited by vultures. Every problem or issue that you can conceive boils down to that.

10. I am in agreement with L NNY if I can't just say "adherence to the constitution" which would cover the banker problem along with most other problems.

11. foreign policy
    government inefficiency and overspending.
    fed reserve.

12. Weed legalization..gun rights..5th amendment

Everything else is more samey bullshit. At least let us have.ssome.freedoms.

-Yuri

13. This. The rest is fluff.

The foreign policies of successive US Neocon governments have been responsible for countless 00's of 000's of lives and endless suffering.

Other lives matter too not just American lives.

Typed in the cockpit of a runaway Boeing

14. National debtFree stuff for Señors

15. idk I would think the 20 trillion deficit would be a nice thing for the country to work on.
    How about a simpler tax system?
    Taking away power from the federal government and giving states more power....takeaway mandates/funding
    Do something with the military. Make it.more efficient. Stronger. Advance. Stop half ass fighting overseas and leave everyine alone....unwind our financial system from.other nations.

16. #16 Deleted member 472633, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    The makeup of the supreme court is the most important political issue. The supreme court can essentially do anything they have rewrote the constitution themselves numerous times and now that scalia is dead the leftists can accomplish whatever they want.

You think the first ammendment is fairly clear and straightforward well they can just redefine it to mean any government approved speech is protected and nobody could do shit without violently opposing it.

The supreme court is essentially the modern version of the monarchy. They give zero shits and can do whatever they want ever since Marbury v. Madison.

17. Yup, it has turned into Jefferson's worst nightmare:

"You seem . . . to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. (Letter to William Jarvis, Sept. 28, 1820)

"At the establishment of our constitutions, the judiciary bodies were supposed to be the most helpless and harmless members of the government. Experience, however, soon showed in what way they were to become the most dangerous; that the insufficiency of the means provided for their removal gave them a freehold and irresponsibility in office; that their decisions, seeming to concern individual suitors only, pass silent and unheeded by the public at large; that these decisions, nevertheless, become law by precedent, sapping, by little and little, the foundations of the constitution, and working its change by construction, before any one has perceived that that invisible and helpless worm has been busily employed in consuming its
    substance. In truth, man is not made to be trusted for life if secured against all liability to account.”
    (Letter to A. Coray, October 31, 1823)

18. The most important political issue is the tenth amendment. The overgrowth of federal power over the states.

The entire point was to allow for a more effective democracy. so that one state didn't have to be a political slave to a different state/culture.

The federal governments job is military only. To defend the united STATES.

-Yuri

19. Yet, a simple read of the Constitution declares your definition of the feds duties as untrue.
    :smoke:

20. all powers not given to the federal government directly by the constitution are reserved for the states.

I realize I over simplified it tho.

But the federal government has far more power than the constitution allows.

A great example is drug laws. Technically they are illegal. They violate the tenth amendment. Only states have a say in those laws.

Same with marriage.

-Yuri