What do you think is the best butane vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by otroo, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Okay so I am looking at getting a butane vaporizer for this summer for when I go camping. I had looked at the Hammer based on a review done here by Ren I think it was but I would like others opinions as well. Thanks Otroo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. For me, I'd say the Lotus, but it's not a very good option if using it stealthy out in public is what you want to do.

The weak point in the Hammer as well as other butane powered vapes that use an igniter is..............the igniter.    The Lotus doesn't have this issue.

3. I will check out the Lotus and I am not to worried about being to stealthy. I really do value your input Iwien.

4. I'd probably go with the Lotus and J hook as well. The VG can hit as hard but doesn't have the pure taste that the Lotus does. Plus the Lotus is great for vaporbonging unlike the VG, which would need to be adapted.  Can't vouch for the Hammer, Daisy or Vapman as I haven't tried them.  But will be getting a daisy when the VAS kicks in again.

5. Lotus or Daisy

6. I see in your sig that you had the Glass VG, I was just wondering what your thoughts are on it compared to the Lotus?

7. If you're into the Genies the Glass one is the shit.  Fantastic taste and good distance from your face!

There are only two reasons I like the Lotus better than the Genie, because they are both great big hitters:

1 -- The Lotus can be put on my gong pipes.  Since I run all my vapes through water most of the time this is big for me.  The taste of the Lotus on a glass rig is way better than any Genie I ever ghetto-rigged up to a bubbler.
    2 -- I've mentioned this before, but the hit style with the Lotus is superior to the Genies, imo.  With the Lotus you don't start inhaling until it is ready to produce vapor.  With the Genies, all of them, that first hit is a waste most times because so much of my draw is spent on heating up the element.

So...while I have never had them side-by-side, I remember the Glass Genie as tasting a little better, but still prefer the Lotus all day long.

8. Is the lotus hard on your throat? Cause I hack like a bitch when I hit my MFLB.

9. The J hook is very smooth and you can even add a little water into the elbow and use it as a waterpipe..lol

Thanks for that mate. I was thinking that the glass VG would be a great taste. 

This is most likely due to nonexistent air path after the trench in the mflb.  Do you hit it native or with a stem?  Every option I have ever used the Lotus with was better than a native box hit.  But the box can be hooked up to water or longer stems, etc. to cool down the vapor more.

11. #11 lwien, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015

I used to too until I got their Finishing Grinder.   Also, talking mulitple micro-hits helps a lot with this issue as well.

12. Yeah I hit it native and I do do the micro hits. Hell maybe I'll buy the finishing grinder.

13. Use a stem first and see if that helps

14. Yeah I have used the stem with the same setup. I am going to try the grinder out and maybe a longer whip.

15. Any opinions on the Hammer Pro? Already read a bunch about it on FC and it sounds awesome, slight concern about the butane taste problem. Any users of the Hammer that have/don't have this problem? And if you don't have the problem, what do you do to not make the problem occur? And how many sessions can you get from one butane fill? The lotus sounds like an amazing vape too; which is better and why? They're around the same price range, I think the lotus is $120 and the hammer is $100. Stuck between the two, who wants to help me with the decision? And if you have any other recommendations that's fine, just trying to find the perfect butane vaporizer. Looking for efficiency, durability, and nothing above $140. Not trying to derail the thread that's why I'm only asking about butane vaporizers. Thanks!

16. I don't have a Hammer myself but I know people that have and they say that you don't get any butane taste.  Whether you get the hammer or Lotus I would recommend using highly refined butane. It burns much cleaner and won't spark or flicker like the lower quality butane can.  I know that the Lotus completely separates the butane from the vapor path and you will only taste the vapor. I beleiev the Hammer is the same.

I went for the Lotus with J Hook due to the instant hit feature, which suits my style.  The hammer can also produce clouds like the Lotus but it requires a 30 sec pre-heat before using.  Both are awesome butane vapes and you can't go wrong which ever you choose.

17. More to break with the Hammer.   The igniter is it's weak point.    No such issues with the Lotus.

18. I did always wonder how long those igniters lasted I mean I have had lighters with those in it that did not last all that long. I think I am going to give the Lotus a shot in the next month or two. I am not to worried about it not being to stealthy.