what do you think happens when you die?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 420420420, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Its the law of conservation of mass I think your thinking about. IT doesnt ever stop, it just gets converted to other things. For example, the stored energy in our bodies decomposes and is used to fuel worms. When the worms die, they decompose, etc etc

By the way, heres my outlook.

If there is a heaven, then great. I know I'm doing my best, and if that isnt good enough for god, well then that means he's not a good god.

If there is no heaven, then great. I've done my best at life, and I hope I achieved my goal of making this place better then when I got here.

2. You can realize the illusion but transcending it completely is something I doubt many people can achieve in a single lifetime.

You can't experience the highest forms of reality by trying to make them fit into rational schematics. Faith is turning towards existence in a humble and direct way, instead of seeing it through a lens of concepts that - rational as they may be - are still illusory. This can feel like leeping off a cliff and indeed takes a lot of inner strengh.