Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do you think about?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by peterusesraws, May 8, 2012.

1. the link between mental illness and Mary Jane?
    the answer seems obvious.
    Have you considered this?
    That cannabis sativa increases brain function , to an unknown degree but its known that its somewhat, in numerous cases, increasing brain activity.
    Many people say to me that they experience heightened awareness/more amounts of intellectual based conversation/etc etc the list goes on, while smoking sativa. Or even crosses with just a little sativa.
    So my theory is this,
    that cannabis sativa increases neuron activity so much that in some cases that particular brains, including quality of tissue, speed of neuron transmission etc can handle the capacity of heightened neuron transmission. while brains with a lower quality of tissue and slower speed of neuron transmission suffer from the overflow of neurotransmitters coming directly from the cannabis sativa. Hence they have a mental break down of some sort/deluded state of being for some period of time eventually leading to full mental illness.
    However in a 'more capable' brain , i firmly believe that using pure sativa flowers fully enhances the brain. maybe even thousands of times.
    i would like to know what everyone thinks about this.
    thanks for reading.:wave:

2. I think what you are trying to explain is neurogenesis. While I personally do think that cannabis does cause some neurogenesis the other effects of high THC like memory impairment which is going to present whether you react in good way or bad way mentally towards Sativa strains are definatly not an advantage.

I don't agree that it enhances the brain by thousands. I can agree that it may help enhance the brain in certain aspects, cannabis and creativity are strongly linked, if you are making a song and need an idea, cannabis may help. But it's applications are limited, getting absolutley blazed and going and speaking in front of a thousand people is in most cases not going to end well (of course this depends on strains and cannabinoids present) I would not call that an enhancment of the brain.

But to answer the original question, cannabis is merely something that may cause a dormant condition say anxiety, depression, physchosis etc to surface, not be a cause directly (in some ways it is a cause, for if people avoided it, they may not have developed the condition, hence why it is an indirect cause) This is my opinion anyway and I have read others with a simalir view.

3. Does no one Honestly have anything else to say about my discovery?
    your comment aside CBD, i fully agree with you on that.
    :smoke:

4. since when also,
    did medicine that has only good results mentally become definitely not an advantage?
    :eek:

5. Flo hash is introspective and clear minded - academically it helps me relax while dealing with 12-16 hours of straight brain function. Straight thc taken through the skin is turning my brain into soft serve ice cream right now.