What do you think about these plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frankie_1, Apr 11, 2015.

1. #1 Frankie_1, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    First of all I would like to say hello to everyone [​IMG]

As you can see from my title, I'm an absolute newb in this, been reading some forums, watching some videos before I decided to go through with it.
    Basically we decided to plant because of my mother's condition, unfortunately she was diagnosed with metastatic bone cancer 2 years ago. We tried everything before stumbling upon marijuana oil and with a lot of trial and error (lots of money) found a decent guy with the product. She's been using it here and there for around a year and every time she did, she felt great. Since we all know what kind of product we're talking about, it's becoming harder and harder to finance it and also to acquire it.
    Without going into unnecessary details, finally decided to plant it ourselves and make our own oil.
    Bought some medicinal marijuana seeds from an online UK based seller who shipped them as stealthy as possible :thumbs up:

Bought an HPS Sylvania SHP-TS Grolux 250W (http://www.havells-sylvania.com/en/products/0020808)
    "Random" flower soil 6-7,5 ph
    some perlite
    I've been following guides as much as possible (considering our setup).
    Didn't put any artificial boosters and what not since I was afraid I might destroy them.
    Seeds were planted in January (around 12 weeks ago) and as of today they look like this:

Sorry for the picture quality guys but at the moment this was the best I could.
    I can provide more/better pictures later if needed.
    So what do you think? Does this look like a success? I'm open for suggestions.

EDIT: I've updated it with more pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Really hard to tell from the pictures, but it seems you're doing fine.  Sorry to hear about your mother.  Unfortunately for you to make the amount of RSO (or whatever she was taking) will take a lot of cannabis.  I believe people who make these products have access to quantities of trim that most of us won't see.  I hope I'm wrong and you can make what she needs.

3. Nah Yu can make oil with about a oz of weed && a oz or more of trims
    Wen do Yu plan on flowering

4. they look nice to me, good job.

5. I agree you don't need lots of cannabis to make oil, but you need a steady supply of cannabis to make oil for a cancer patient who needs it daily.  Don't want to discourage Frankie, just being sensible.

6. The plant looks good.

Joker is right though, to make any significant amount of oil takes quite a bit of flower and/or trim. An oz will only yield a few grams of quality oil and most patients will use at least a few grams per week.

7. #7 killset, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    Only one 250 watt light? That's a lot if plants and alot if area to cover for a small light. Come flower you'll have problems with small airy buds if that's all you have. It would have helped fill out the plant more in veg too and keep the nodes closer . overall they look healthy. They could double or triple in size, once flipping to flower. Do you have a plan to handle that? They look pretty tall now. Sorry to hear about your mom, really hope this works out for you and especially her.

8. Thank you for all the answers guys, you are very helpful. [​IMG]
    I was afraid they look flimsy or not bushy enough. Now I'm quite relieved they're actually decent. 
    We still have 7 seeds we haven't planted yet so hopefully all of them combined will be enough for a couple of milliliters of oil, at least for a start.
    If this "experiment" succeeds, we thought investing more money in equipment and plant even more of them. 

About the bulb, would you suggest going to 400W or straight to 600W light at this point? 

9. #9 Frankie_1, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    Oh and should I add some enhancers?

10. Get the 600 dude a 1k if you can handle it the more the better

11. Next week I'll go for a 600 w then. Hopefully it won't be too much stress on the entire house :)

12. NO! Waste of money.

And go with 600w. Your plants are not branching out because of lack of light. Just make sure you have adequate cooling for the 600 watter.