What do you think about these leds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Qukumatz, May 3, 2017.

1. Hi guys, I´m an absolute beginner, this is my first post. By the way, just for you to know, English is not my first language (I apologize for my misspells). I´m from Costa Rica, planting %100 sativas using pots with soil. I started planting outdoors, on my little patio. But direct light hitting my plants wasn´t enough, just about 5 hours daily.
    2017050202.JPG

So I builded up a small grow cabinet. My plan is to work with something like a hybrid outdoor/indoor. In compensation of my lack of direct sun's light.
    2017050201.JPG
    I want to go in a light cycle of 18/6 during VEG, for about 8 weeks and also training using mailing technique. The LED lights I bought are not specially design for indoor growing. So I would appreciate very much your thoughts and advices.

I have 2 lamps with these specs each:
    18 WATTS
    White Light 6000K
    1250 Lumens

And also another 2 lamps with these specs each:
    30 WATTS
    White Light 5000K
    2180 Lumens

Attached Files:

2. #2 Diatt, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    You can not veg for 8 weeks in there they will be Monsters. Also when you goto flower plants 2-3x their sizes. IMO you need to learn about scroggin and do 1-2 very small plants. You also should do cfl imo what is the box? I think led will be too close and bleach you.

But any thing will out grow that box pretty fast, even more if you are adding sunlight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well as a former florist, I grew one plant. From my experience, i believe using led lights will give you more CONTROL how you raise your plants. It needs light 24/7 to grow tall THEN you put it in the flowering cycle. If you use natural sunlight to raise your plants, chances are they'll start the flowering stage a bit to early. That happened by allowing the plant to receive 12hrs of sun and 12hrs of the moon that's the flowering stage. But don't start flowering until your plants reach a decent height.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's rad. Why didn't I think of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Hi Diatt, I´m following your advice to use a scrog. I just want to know wich technique is better in your opinion. Top or FIM??
    IMG-20170515-WA0001.jpg IMG-20170515-WA0003.jpg

6. Topping. This will make her bush out more. Looks nice, do you plan to flower in there? I think you said last time you wanted to flower outside?

7. Yes I plan to flower in there. I´m not taking the plants outdoor anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  8. My plants are at week 8 and i couldnt fit one in that box and i have bushy shrubs the container you will need to put the plant in for veg of 8 weeks will be a foot tall. Bigger box thats a tough first grox box.

9. Here is an update of my plants. I topped them both. I did not lower the cage, but started a LST. WhatsApp Image 2017-05-22 at 1.34.06 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-05-22 at 1.34.07 PM.jpeg

10. You need a fan blowing em to make their stems stronger

• Like Like x 1
  11. Here is another update. I´m in week 8 vegetative (18/6). I had some problems because the leafs were getting yellowish. So I had to add some nitrogen and magnesium. It looks they are getting better now. I think I´ll wait until all of the branches reach the screen before changing the light schedules to 12/12.
    S-17-02-01 (45).jpg S-17-02-01 (48).jpg