Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do you say to people who say marijuana will kill you, kills brain cells, will ruin your life, its a gateway drug ect..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sahid, Jan 23, 2014.

1. I pull out my bowl and smoke in front of them like "cool mannnn"  :smoking:

2. #42 Thicken Dense, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    10 years since I've been to my last rehab, still getting high.

Adjusted my lifestyle so that people who judge me falsely have no power over me.

What would I say to them? I'd tell them what they want to hear because I don't care for their opinion, they have nothing I want.

3. I tell them they are misinformed and should do research, then I keep it moving.

If they insist on making a debate out of it, I will ignore everything they say and just flood them with facts, studies, and data until they eventually give up. LOL

4. typically i say "uhh what we were just talkn about?"

5. Fuck you, you ain't the boss a me.

6. #46 ThreadNecro, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    will kill you- "not if i do it first" then i pull out my big ass sword and perform hara kiri right onto his/her's lap
    kills brain cells- "you been smokin way too much dope mayne"
    ruin your life- "the sun is so BEAUTIFUL today, take a look" oh wait im stuck on that last one still XD
    gateway drug- in all honesty cannabis wasnt my "gateway drug," it was "hydro"(if anyone gets the slang im totally talking about hydroponics.... makes a completely different flower imo....)

quote i wrote on a youtube page about a year ago

"well, from the age of about 14 i would go for a week or more with no parent supervision. 200 bucks would be left for food and i was expected to get myself to school and manage my life. this taught me so many life skills. i participated in a pseo program( college paid for in high school) and made valedictorian all on my own. when you have a super strict parent, they rule their child life and make it so that they cant they cant learn from their mistakes. others may have acted differently in my place but i truely think that an overbearing parent can be as destructive if not more so than an absent one. seeing parents like this generally just piss me off. oh and i also smoked soooo much weed. take that people who say it kills motivation and brain cells"

and to the guys bashing alcohol- my father was an alcoholic and killed himself. not a cause and effect kids. other shit happens basides smoking weed or downing a 40 in 6 secs. though i have to say that if his vices had changed... &/ weed was legal... macabre thing to ponder

whoops double post

7. "There's some basic science that disproves those statements."

8. heres another for ya-
    http://www.ukcia.org/research/EffectsOfMarijuanaOnLungAndImmuneDefenses.php
    from what i understand when you smoke you effectively take away the first line of defense in the lungs. with someone who has been immunosuppressed,(cancer etc) fungal and bacterial infections become a dangerous possibility. 
    if a fungal infection such as aspergillosis sets in:

Treatment is considered when patients become symptomatic, usually with hemoptysis. Surgical resection is curative but may not be possible in patients with limited pulmonary function. Oral itraconazole may provide partial or complete resolution of aspergillomas in 60% of patients. Successful intracavitary treatment, using CT-guided, percutaneously placed catheters to instill amphotericin alone or in combination with other drugs, including acetylcysteine and aminocaproic acid, has been reported in small numbers of patients.<sup><a>[11] </a></sup>
    Bronchial artery embolization may be used for life-threatening hemoptysis in patients thought to have insufficient pulmonary reserve to tolerate surgery or in patients with recurrent hemoptysis (eg, patients with CF in whom hemoptysis may be related to underlying bronchiectasis with or without aspergilloma).<sup><a> </a></sup>Bronchial artery embolization requires a skilled and experienced radiologist because localizing the abnormal vessel(s) may be challenging. Because the anterior spinal arteries may originate from the bronchial vessels, serious neurologic complications, although rare, may occur.

from what ive heard about the field out here in cali from family(mothers "around the corner" instruction to pt): edibles are okay, concentrates are not advised unless you know they are very sterile and flower is off limits.
    --devils advocate

10. To go f themselves because I don't need their uneducated ass in my life

11. #52 Storm Crow, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    FYI- that is from a 1997 study by Dr. Donald Tashkin. He has since changed his views on cannabis, largely in part due to this later study he and some others did- “Marijuana Use and the Risk of Lung and Upper Aerodigestive Tract Cancers: Results of a Population-Based Case-Control Study" (PubMed) where "contrary to our expectations, we found no positive associations between marijuana use and lung or UAT cancers..... associations of marijuana use with the study cancers are not strong and may be below detectable limits".

A quote from Dr Tashkin- "Early on, when our research appeared as if there would be a negative impact on lung health, I was opposed to legalization because I thought it would lead to increased use and that would lead to increased health effects," Tashkin says. "But at this point, I'd be in favor of legalization. I wouldn't encourage anybody to smoke any substances. But I don't think it should be stigmatized as an illegal substance. Tobacco smoking causes far more harm. And in terms of an intoxicant, alcohol causes far more harm." ("Top Anti-Drug Researcher Changes His Mind, Says Legalize Marijuana"- cannabisculture)

Dr Tashkin now supports the legalization of cannabis and has done several rather long videos on why he changed his mind and his research on the effects of cannabis on the lungs! Here's one of the more recent ones (only 9 minutes long)-

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIPo2LJUJBgAcjP7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTByYXI3cnIwBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDNA--?p=tashkin+marijuana&vid=8eaedf2e4fafac69a8b621d507c0cd91&l=9%3A21&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.607996949528904042%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmarijuana.com%2Fnews%2F2013%2F06%2Fuclas-dr-donald-p-tashkin-offers-proof-marijuana-is-not-linked-to-abnormalities-in-lung-function%2F&tit=UCLA's+Dr.+Donald+P.+Tashkin+<%2Fb>Offers+Proof+Marijuana+<%2Fb>Is+Not+Linked+To+Abnormalities+In+Lung+Function&c=3&sigr=143rb4bln&sigt=13jh3kcm4&age=0&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&fr=yfp-t-250-s&tt=b

Granny

12. i usualy tell them that even tho i respect their opinion,because weed is not for everyone,they should educate themselfs. Then i would suggest a couple of documentaries and studies in the topic. Done. If that doesn't change their opinion,so be it. We live in a free country. Its not simply allowed,its almost mandatory to be ignorant.

13. I used to try and explain using logic and reason, but that doesn't work with stupid people.

These days i just them to catch a boat to Fuck-Offity land.

14. I wouldn't say anything to them, I'd simply change the channel, because the only people in my life that would ever chat bollocks like that live in the magical talking box in the corner of my living room. :)

15. I tell them the truth? Its up to them to listen, but when you actually explain the FACTS behind those lies, most people are happy to be more educated even if they still think weeds bad

16. Stare in to their face with a blank stare.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Them: Did you know that Marijuana will kill you?

Me: How do you get people, that say "Marijuana will kill you",...... to keep an eye on each other?

Them:.........????????

Me: You make them think that they are in charge.

18. Well cannabis smoke has carbon monoxide by default so you will be damaged. Not to mention that your most likely smoking a street drug which isnt really a drug, but a plant, only its handled by ~ 85% idiot jerks who dont know how to handle AND store weed. So you could be smoking mold, crushed kitty litter, blunt flavorings, fiberglass who knows its an uncontrolled controlled substance, for what reason I will never full understand. But 600,000 people die yearly from aspergillosis, a common group of disease caused by mold, sometimes found on... street weed! So to people who say pot can kill you, they are probably correct, depending on the laws in their area :/

19. "So you don't want a hit?"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app