What do you say to a cop who has approached you?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Sublime, Oct 10, 2016.

1. I consider this to be a little different from the Cop Story thread since this isn't exactly a story but more of a question. Anyways, let's say you just blazed and for whatever reason a cop comes to you wherever you are and he/she can obviously smell the odor of weed. Should you be completely honest with him/her and fess up to it, or should you lie?

On one hand, there's people who say "Never tell cops the truth." because anything can be used in court. Sure. Valid point.

On the other hand, there's the chance they might be cooler with you and maybe respect you for admitting to it instead of lying and maybe let you off the hook.

It hasn't happened to me, but you never know. Hate that it's illegal. It's almost scary though because I just get used to marijuana after smoking it so long, it doesn't feel illegal like it seems like people bat the other eye and are lenient on it. But this isn't necessarily true either in my state.

2. I wouldn't ever admit to it. As far as I know though, being high isn't a crime. I wouldn't lie, you don't have to answer anything you don't want to. I suppose the smell gives cause to be searched though.

3. If I'm not being detained or arrested, I'm under no obligation to speak to an officer and I am not going to do his job for him by giving probable cause. If they have probable cause to search or arrest me, do so. If not, I'm going to go on my merry way. Fortunately, it is a decriminalized and medical state here.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wait for them to walk up to the car window, blow your current toke in their face, shout "FUCK THE ONE-TIME" in their face and drive off erratically

• Like Like x 5
  5. Say nothing cause what you say will more than likely be used against you in court. Tell them your name and and show them your I.D. If they ask.

Or drop to the ground and start screaming at the top of your lungs please don't beat me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. I havent dealt with to many cops but the ones I have dealt with I was always truthful. Worked for me, my record is 100% clean :))

7. If they don't find any weed on your your all set. You can just lie and say that you chill with stoners and that you don't smoke. But if they find weed on you after you lied u better get used to them hand cuffs or a big fat ticket right in your forehead

8. "am I under arrest?, no so am I free to go?" Repeat until the officer gets bored and walks off pissed off or does something incredibly illegal. Be warned this really only works when you are cammed up or they are. Certainly in the UK anyway, no cams you are getting a beating.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Right, I'm not saying all cops are bad cops, but how am I to know which cop I run into is going to be that bad cop? So I've found the best way to not end up beaten or shot is to simply not cause any trouble. I am aware of my rights. I took 2 years of criminal justice college-level. But a lot of cops will get pissed at you for whatever reason for simply stating your rights.

10. Agreed, and the answer is cameras. Get a dash board one. It's going to take a seriously mental cop to go rodney king on yo ass if you are cammed up. Be polite, be firm. I had the pigs ring me and threaten me a few weeks ago, she soon got bored (upset) when I gave her a legal lesson and recorded the lesson in the process.

Cops like pointing cameras and tape recorders at us but they hate it when you do it to them, it's the best weapon we have against the low life pigs.

• Like Like x 4
  11. As someone already posted above, never lie to the police. Not even worth the risk. Just try and stay calm, cool, be polite, and don't answer any questions they haven't asked. Never answer questions they haven't asked. Not so easy to do if one's scared, though.

------------------If they happened to ask who the weed was bought from, even the area it was bought from:

no matter when during the process they asked, I say that way more than likely things would be about to take a real scary turn, and would ask for a lawyer right away. Again, lying wouldn't be a good idea. Instead say -politely- "I refuse to answer the question." - no matter what they threaten. Get an attorney. A good one, if at all possible.

This is my best guess. I'm no expert, and I definitely don't think I'm smarter than the police, but everybody has a right to defend themselves in a court of law, no matter what some cops have scared a lot of people into believing.

Hope this makes sense, had a shitty day, so I'm a little distracted.

12. "Well guard, how's it going"

That's what I say when they stop me. It's only ever traffic cops these day's checking for road tax, test certificates for the car and the like.

I hate the bastards but have learnt that being all friendly and talkative does the trick.

• Like Like x 2
  13. You just reminded me of this lol:

• Like Like x 3
  14. If you don't have anything on you say nothing other than exchanging pleasantries.

15. Just take your phone out and start recording. Cops hate that.

16. "Am I being arrested" answers any question you have

If they say yes, stop talking and lawyer up

If they say anything but yes, ask if you can leave, imply you are leaving, and start walking away backwards lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. I just say hi mom. She won't ask cuz if I admit anything she's sworn to arrest me. Deny deny deny.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I won't say anything.

• Like Like x 2
  19. The problem with that is a lot of cops I know would respond with Yes to intimidate you and find some obscure law to say you broke. And they love throwing out there that you're resisting arrest, even if you're not, and you can be charged for resisting arrest even if you weren't originally going to be arrested. I've heard of it and seen it far too much.