Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mollymol1, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Hello, I grew a beautiful OG kush plant this summer outside, my first one. I am thinking I harvested a week or so too early. The trichomes were milky and the buds were beautiful(buds were about 8 weeks old)—it was getting raining and very cold. I flushed the plant for two weeks. They have cured about a month. My issue is that the high gives me a headache, it feels like mostly a head buzz, and the bigger buds are a bit harsh. I have like 12 ounces of it. I was thinking of making it into edibles or tincture. Will that mellow it at all? Or try to add some cbd to my tincture? I am also thinking of just composting it as a lesson learned. But was hoping for an alternative. Thanks for the advice.

2. With a longer cure, it should def help mate
    I have never smoked that strain, so cant comment on that bro!

3. I love me some OGK. Are you sure it's the pot giving you the headache? Because in all my years smoking I don't remember weed ever giving me a headache. I have read others say they've gotten headaches though. Anyway, it sure won't hurt anything to process about an ounce and find out if it helps. At least it'll get rid of the harshness. I think if I had your problem I'd make RSO out of the whole plant and get some gel caps and a few 30ml eyedropper bottles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. One thing you could try on a small amount would be a water cure. I know you flushed properly, but it might be an option to try. I would just try a couple of grams to see if it stopped the headaches. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'd give the bud some more time to cure. The Gelato I harvested in the beginning of September didn't become really palatable until November -- partly due, I think, to me being a new grower going through the curing process for the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agreed with those saying to cure longer. If i have a particularly harsh chop i'll give it another two weeks and test again. Weed's like wine, takes time to hit the sweet spot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the advice—I really appreciate the responses. I am trying the water cure with a test batch. I also trimmed my buds a little bit more, they are on the fluffy side compared to commercial weed. And I will also continue with the dry cure. I will see how it goes.

• Like Like x 1