What do you really think about the military? (US)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by akaSmalls, May 3, 2011.

1. #1 akaSmalls, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    Pride? Brain washed uneducated boys out of high school shooting people? Big weapons? Killing? Their job holds more importance than other citizens?

Just to name a few..

2. I think they're some bad ass mother fuckers who should be trained to defend our homeland instead of brainwashed to believe they are somehow protecting our freedoms by being involved in a power grabbing conflict on the other side of the globe.

3. Some do it for honor, loyalty, etc But I support our troops anyways because they put their lives on the line for our country :smoke:

4. United States Military is one of the most advanced and professional forces in the world.

Like the United States, as a nation and people, their name was dragged into the mud by involving them in uneconomic, unnecessary, and immoral wars

Especially the United States Air force;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VQODifquHM]YouTube - United States Air Force (USAF) - world's largest - HD[/ame]

5. I'm sure most are moral and righteous people who have trained extremely hard to be where they are.

It's a shame they get brainwashed into accepting the necessity of a constant state of warfare with some unimportant country on the other side of the planet.

6. They are not brainwashed. They are in the army,

In the army, you shoot first, ask questions later.

It's not up to them, they follow commands or face military jail, simple as that.

7. The Army would've originally been formed as a defensive force. Over the years they have been brainwashed into accepting the necessity of interventionist imperialist foreign policy. This is not a process of one generation of soldiers, it took many years to create a fighting force that will go to war without a word of question from the ranks.

8. authority using soldiers as pawns

9. I'm guessing you just got your ass-whipped by a SEAL? :rolleyes:

I appreciate their humanitarian efforts within our country.

10. advanced? yes.

professional? no.

11. I couldn't agree with you anymore

12. They are no different then any other army in the world, UK Army being number one on the list. No army comes with opinions, period. It does not matter which army, the rules are simple, your job is to follow orders.

You don't like it, do not join the army.

13. Compared to most armies, IMO, they are professionals.

14. Would you say joining the army/military/navy give you more importance than a normal citizen?

15. I feel like they could be doing so much good for not just our country, but the world. but instead the (treasonist) leaders of the military do what ever they want because they know that as long as they never question anything, they will NEVER get in trouble. Over the past decade we have seen our military go from the most respectable in the world to nothing more than a very large gang of globalist thugs. Just look at the shit they've done...intentionally lied to go to war, used illegal incendiary weapons (white phosphorous), rape, torture, murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, violation of posse comitatus, and thats just what i can think of off the top of my head.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akm3nYN8aG8]YouTube - AMAZING SPEECH BY WAR VETERAN[/ame]

16. #16 MasterShake2153, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
    ROFL I can't believe you generalize any group of people that size.

We have over 300,000 in the middle east alone. NO NO NO NO group of that size is homogenous. Period.

Even if they had those qualities, at the drop of a hat if our nation was invaded they would die for you.

Besides the fact let me name the wars that our non "brainwashed" predecessors started for no reason.

War of 1812
    The Mexican War
    Genocide of the native Americans
    Capturing of the Philippines and other islands in the vicinities.
    WWI
    Vietnam

Our people may hate war, but our leaders love it.

17. Motto: "An Army of One"

18. Look at it this way; What is better, the US projecting military superiority, or some other power who don't quite appreciate individual freedoms?

The US is by no means fault free in all their adventures, and with quite the few skeletons in their closet. But compared to other wannabe players in the global hegemony game, the US do at least end up doing the right thing. Eventually :D

Not so with previous players. Except perhaps the brits in their time. Then again, the US more or less inherited the british empire after WW2 as part of the lend-lease deal.

It basically comes down to that if the right people don't have the big stick on the world stage, then the wrong people do...

19. Our leaders dont appreciate individual freedoms either. the way i see it we're no better than the "terrorists"