What do you look for in a vape channel?

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by Vicious, Feb 26, 2017.

1. #1 Vicious, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    I've been meaning to make some creative content for a while, the juices are flowing. On a whim, I've slowly put together a team. The two of us will likely room up sometime over the summer or winter, getting this all ready will be a process.

Now this is a bit genre defying but I'll focus on the vaping aspect for now. Myself and my one main vape homie online have been shooting the shit and spouting off high level conversations for hours at the time, the listeners praised us adamantly with everything sans applause.

So on a bit of a whim, I decided to start the process of making a podcast, review channel, covering tech news and making guides, explanations, tips and tricks. Now I know this has been a trend for a minute but I see its potential to only grow MASSIVELY. Smoking is dead and between 08' seeing a person with an unregulated manual maybe a couple times week, to seeing hordes of people vaping everything under the sun everywhere. It seems like a good time to jump on this bandwagon, not for monitization but something I create content on something I've become passionate, actually addicted to and make some money and maybe free gear. I have a lot to learn but as I said, this is in a process of setting up for late summer or the end of the year.

The way I see it, just like DUDE WEED culture, I hate VAPENATION culture, I hate the "I blow fat clouds, watch how quick I ban hot box this elevator/car/bar/room. The approach I want to take is basically something researched, educated and professional, basically the LinusTechTips of vaping.

Basically I'm thinking I'm going to run podcasts 3 times a week, maybe moving a day to the weekend, adding one or maybe even two. Along with making reviews of mods, starter kits, RDA, RDTAs, clearomizers, atomizors, cartomizers and whatever else under the sun. Also juices, juices juices.

After hearing countless BIGTIMERS, say low sub channels aren't getting enough love. Now, I'm working on joining a network, reaching out to my favorite podcast/reviews and seeing if they will throwing me a bone by giving tips, advice, whatever.

There are going to be sister channels that involve things completely outside vaping (weed, maybe politics, possibly gaming, we have some musicians some maybe music) and those people will joining the podcast, which sometimes will have talking points, news, whatever, other time it will be freestyle. So we have something interesting, we have channels that will be putting out quality videos by charismatic people, each with their own little niche and fanbase. One or two of them HATE vaping. It will be interesting to see a clash of personalities on the podcast when each one can individually be followed and learned about.

. I am putting some money in this, I will either be selling a house to find a new one at least another one of us can produce in or keeping the house (having my own house payed off wooo!) where I could invite them to pay rent. What do you guys think, what do you like seeing in a vape channel? What would you like to see more of? What do you dislike seeing? What would you recommend. I would like to take in as much love, hate, criticism, critiques and anything you guys can throw at me. Now the group isn't putting videos out yet, and I don't know if I could because of self-promotion but this is going to be something quite different.

Now I will also be featuring countless people and have already talked to some big names I don't want to disclose until I know its fact but I would love to include YOU on the show, call in, come in for the whole cast, review and tell us about your build. I'm really excited, as I said, I don't see it dying, smoking IS dying and as it is young adult are looking up vapes and the side effects and older people trying to quit are seeing this as a replacement where they can quit or enjoy nicotine an exponentially less toxic manner.

I will be making a gofundme and kickstart which I will not post here, can you guys think of any good milestone gifts? We plan on doing give aways on the channel but we want to give something to the people that helped make it possible. I was thinking about maybe sending them premium juices in different amounts based on what they give, maybe a mod, I'm not sure. I will be setting up a patrion but that won't be until after 10,000-25,000 subs.

• Like Like x 3
  2. I appreciate the like but please give feedback.

3. Hope this works out for you, where would this podcast and videos be? Review world for the vapes is massive, you would need something that no one else does, grim green has his shit down tight for my viewing,
    But what would I like to see? I would like to see more people mixing diy juice and giving tips about diy and not just using premium juice for name drop during the close up shots,
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just started in the vape world. I have been watching product review channels and deck building channels. I have been hanging out at a local vape shop with some like minded folks and it's been really fun. Maybe a podcast like a virtual vape shop. Vaping bullshitting testing. Could even sell product like gc does.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vicious I say go for it and good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Been looking at cost for proper mics, cameras, my teams, lets just say it's not cheap or easy. I'm in planning right now then will probably go into preproduction once I have the products to deliver something quality. It won't be for another 6 months at the earliest so we're just crunching ideas right now.

7. @turntostoned
    LOL look who showed up.. Howdy Old Friend..
    @Vicious
    TTS dragged me into vaping when we hit a local Dispensary with cannabis vape pens as I'd quit smoking Cowboy Red coffin nails back in 2011 the hard way.. Now I'm building a flavor library and starting to DIY mix flavors for my modified tincture infused E juice.. Talked with a local small flavor company I'm using about playing company shill for online to boost their online presence in exchange for free flavor samples.. Need somebody with real flowery language to write the flavor reviews as I suck at flavor descriptions.. Like Wine.. Is it red or white is about my descriptive abilities on that one too..
    TTS are you up to the task if so I'll make you admin level on my account ? Meanwhile I'm getting up to speed thanks to my ability to read endlessly boring pages of threads super fast at the largest DIY juice site learning the players and clowns and the who's who in the flavor makers end of things..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  8. I'm down my friend. Probably getting an rda. Probably the best for testing/flavor.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk