What do you look for in a spoon bowl?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by NugsNotPugs, Mar 8, 2013.

1. This is my first post on grasscity, and I wanted to see what other people look for in a spoon bowl.

Me personally, I still own the first spoon bowl I ever bought and love it for a few reasons.

1. The mouth hole is bigger than most, which for a everyday smoker like me means bigger, more worthwhile hits.

2. It's a color-changer, I like things that are personalized and color-changers seem more like evolve with you as a toker.

3. A small bowl, but not a one hitter. I like my bowl because I can put half a gram in it if I want, but can pack it with .2-.3 if I'm just smoking by myself.

4. How it makes me feel. I have owned ROOR's, PHX Honeycomb Diffusers and other bowls, but despite what logic would say I feel the best when smoking my little spoon bowl. I know the ROOR and PHX filter much better, but for some reason there is not a significant different in how high I get off them versus my little bowl. Is this unusual?

Anyways I just wanted to see what other people thought was important in a spoon bowl.

2. I prefer using a spoon when I have a number of people over. So I get fat bowls. I like it when the carb is larger as well.

Honestly what I do when I go to my lhs is hold a few in my hand to see what feels right.
    "it's the wand that chooses the wizard, harry."

3. I've got two spoons, the first I ever got I only use by myself because it's got a small bowl and it's not very thick glass. It's small and clears really easy.
    My second spoon I use among multiple people. It holds over twice as much weed and is nice and thick. I got it specifically for use with other people so I only spent 15 on it in case it gets broken.
    Eventually I'll get a really nice piece but for now I just need something functional.

4. Do you guys notice a significant difference in how baked you get off your spoon bowls versus a bong?

5. Well of course there's going to be a big difference between the two. A bong is gonna get you ripped. But I actually prefer to own a bubbler or spoon.

6. spoons are probably my favorite pipe, have been since i started smoking.

i dont like to just buy a pipe, just because i need a pipe.
    i could spend a whole day going from LHS to LHS and spend 30 mins in each one lookin for a pipe.

definatly needs to be eye catching. doesnt have to be rediculously fancy.
    but it needs to be somewhat thick. i like big carb holes. and i like fat bowls. just because its big doesnt mean you cant pack a small bowl in it, but i like being able to pack like .8-1g when im bored. i hate when the bowl has a big hole at the bottom of it, i like when its just big enough for a good hit, but small enough so that no nuggiture will drop in on you.

*i like the Illadelph 5 hole pipe. thing hits like a champ.

but overall i guess im picky, but why not be picky when you drop good amounts of money on it

7. Couldn't have said it better !

8. I love color changing pieces. Gold fuming is probably my favorite.

Tilt. I'm a big fan of sherlocks (spoons are cool, but sherlocks are easier in my hands), and some sherlocks have a weird angle for the mouth piece. It's a very picky idea, but if I'm spending 30-40 on a hand pipe, it better be something I damn well like, y'know?

If it's a pocket piece, though, minispoons all the way. Shit's invisible in your pocket.