What do you listen to while Doodlin'?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by 1000Juiceboxes, Dec 21, 2012.

1. What Kind of music do you enjoy listening to while making what you make?Why?Are there certain states of mind that enable you to draw better at times?I've always been curious about it

I like to listen to stuff like God is an astronaut,some Radiohead,instrumental music,Electronic music,music with an "arc" i guess.But really,if it sounds good and lets my mind flow then ill be able to make something i like .:)

So post some of your favorite works and lets hear some examples of music you bump while you doodle!
    Heres some of mine.Hope ya enjoy

Attached Files:

2. Bump

lets hear em guys :)

3. Circa survive, incubus

4. I dont doodle but i think i wanna try now wen i toke, sounds relaxing

5. The Gorillaz station on Pandora has yet to disappoint me.

Cake station is right up there, too.

6. I remember back when I used to use the term 'doodling' for random sketches, and drawings. Back in the good old days, when I was still innocent.

Then, I moved around a bit, and found a few regions where that term strictly meant playing with yourself, and of course hilarity ensued....

New Friend - "Kitty! What have you been up to in your room all day, shut in all by yourself?" A friendly gesture, just seeing if I want to hang out or if I've been lonely.

What I said: - "Oh, nothing much, just doodling".

What they heard: - "Oh, nothing much, just playing with myself".

:laughing:

7. I partake in the Gorillaz station as well ^.^
    You should check out ESP Deep Relaxation/Glitch Mob station,always entertaining.

8. The station's recently played a new (to me) song: Bird's Lament by Moondog. Y'all should check it out.

9. I listen to Childish Gambino because he raps about working hard until he dies. When I got crazy projects due it fits perfectly.

I listen to hip hop and rap because it kind of fits my style which is influenced by graffiti.

Electronic music is good too. Listen to rock sometimes but hip hop puts me in the right mood. I don't listen to the ones regular people listen to though. No Kanye West or Weezy or whatever. I like joke rap, or absurd lyrics. It's more fun and they don't take themselves too seriously like Andy Milonakis, Dirt Nasty, Riff Raff(Three Loco) Gorillaz, Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys, Nas, Damian Marley(Junior Gong), MC Frontalot, Lonely Island, and Jon Lajoie.

If anyone has suggestions based on that or songs they would like me to hear I would love to hear it.

And if you want to see my work the link is in my signature.

10. classical music. the Classify app on spotify is the shit.

11. My teachers say classical and jazz are the best to listen to

12. [quote name='psychoperson25']IIt's more fun and they don't take themselves too seriously like Andy Milonakis QUOTE]

What! haha,i had no idea Andy Milonakis rapped ,i thought all he ever did was make a show and look really young,thats crazy

13. Yeah dude he makes some strange rap

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dB_TOmTZio&list=FLYXQLIBJp1718NwsCU8FLgQ&index=34]Red Lean Purple Lean - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ww9iZbI7c&list=FLYXQLIBJp1718NwsCU8FLgQ&index=35]Chain Swangaz "Freaky Mothafu**as" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_mevPDIgE&list=FLYXQLIBJp1718NwsCU8FLgQ]Andy Milonakis Freestyles Your Face Off - Picture Battle Behind the Scenes - myISH - YouTube[/ame]

14. oh my god I've only ever met one other person who listened to gambino. So awesome to see cool people showing support :bongin:

I typically listen to tech n9ne and oasis. sometimes a little avenged sevenfold. :metal:

15. I bought his album too I also have the whole discography. Gotta support artists who give out free content. I think my favorite though is either "Bonfire" or "Freaks and Geeks."

'Alright, Gambino is a mastermind
    Fuck a bitch to pass the time
    Mass appeal, orange rind
    Smoke your green, I'm spending mine
    The beat is witches brew
    But beware this shit is potent
    E.E Cummings on her face
    Now that's poetry in motion'

Some awesome lyrics so much references and metaphors. That segment right there is soooo good.

Avenged Sevenfold is awesome too. I would like to see them live.

16. Between the Buried and Me, Dark Souls Soundtrack and thats about it.