What do you like your PPM at?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by mjboy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Depends on the strain, soil, coco, or hydro grow and your nutes...Usually the label on a bottle needs to be adjusted for your specific situations. I start at 400ppm then go to 800ppm and not higher than 1100 ppm and all depends on what your plants are telling you.

Take a peek at the sticky "fertilizing wizely" at the top of this forum. Will give you a good idea as a place to start...

2. I'm dipping my toes with PPMs just one grow. So far I have see the difference in your grow when you control the PPM, before that I was a PH Grower and thats it, now I do not water my plants before that PPM is in line !

I agree with the fellow Farmer above says, different strains, like different PPMs

I learned as Rule from my Own experience and advice from veterans growers is:

Veg - 300 - 900

Flower 900 - 1200

Those numbers are to play Safe, however just taking notes and observation will be the best PPM range for your plants.

HappyGrowing

3. image-2477987109.png

I started at week 3 mix general hydroponics. This is when I first got em...

4. image-3514357821.png

This is a week and a half later using week 3. 1200 ppms during veg with super thrive and diamond nectar...

5. I agree though carefully watch your plants they will tell u how much is enough. With these strains I'm growing candy purple... GDP....and green crack.... They easily take up what I give em. I saw a little sign of burn on the GDP so that gave me a idea on where the ppms should be for that strain.

6. first I like my ppm expressed as ec's, its just easier because how do I know if you are talking about ppm's that are ec's x500 or x700 so in the future you should state it as ec's

its all about the strain for me - the la confidential can handle like 3.2-3.6 ec's, but other plants cant handle it over 2.8 ec

and its usually about half for grow or more then half and then I double it in flower after 1 week

7. Currently I'm at 1500 - 1600 in flowering but I;m using all LED's (see my signature) and a few low watt fluoros ...The plants have been lush and green and erect, there are no issues except some older leaves are turning (normal)

8. this is why i use EC rather than PPM.
    if you don't give the full info, ie; what converstion of EC when you state your PPM you PPM's mean nothing .
    now come on boy n girls if you are going to give info please give ALL the info.
    minor moan over.
    take care Middy

9. No u piss in it..

10. For me it's all strain/size dependent, the longer you veg for the more you can push the ppm, but to answer the question at hand I'm 1300 ppm that's feeding a auto flowerer (2weeks from harvest), but I'm also feeding same ppm 2 my photoperiods (about 2 weeks into flower) as they had a long veg and are big plants and can take it

11. I have four girls coming out of veg looking green and healthy.Going into bloom I up my nutrients to the recommended dose chart . I notice that my ppms are rising slightly when I add distilled water or it will stay the same . I know this is an older thread. If someone can help with this answer ! After adding water is it normal for the ppms to go up or stay the same ? I check my ph every day as well. In veg they would always go down which makes me very confused. No signs of problems that I can see yet . Just want to be safe and ask to make sure . Ty