What do you like better Grow Tents

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by calyxxx, Nov 27, 2008.

1. how many plants are you planing to grow? Im also on the hunt for a grow tent I've heard alot about the Homebox but the dark room tent looks pretty good to. I want to grow 2 LST plants under a 600w MH/HPS mix.

2. whats up mally
    I was thinking 16 plants in the 4'11 X 4'11 dark room. It looks like it is built stronger and more durable than the others ive seen. I already have a great clone and mother closet and was going to do a kind of sog. Im working with skunk 1 and mazar.

I have a 1000 watt hps light as well.

You should definately do more than two plants with your huge 600w
    get your moneys worth man.

3. High, I have the DR150and I find it perfect for 6 plants under a 600w HPS. Also have freash air in, air out with a carbon filter and a fan to move the air around. And I can still get in and out to rotate my plants and feed them. Only thing I have changed is I have fitted mylar on all walls as the original is a bit poor.

4. calyxxx- I should but since im a noob I want to make sure I grow 2/3 quality plants before i step up to 10 or something.Im going to go with the DarkRoom. I've seen a few people on GC with the home box but the Drk Rm looks a little better, Im still undecided on strains though.

usual- what type of fan you using?

5. Im using TD-MixVent inline ducting fans.
    250 / 100mm for the air in
    500 / 150mm for the air out with a carbon filter unit on.
    All the fittings are in the tent, didn't fancy cutting holes in it!

Its great because the lights from my cloning/mother area do not enter it.

Ive lined it with mylar and added another fan to move the air around more.​

6. those fans relatively quiet?

7. Ive not tried other fans but I think they do make a fair bit of noise. Wouldn't like to have my tent in my bedroom thats for sure.

You can get an acoustic tube for them but they are expensive and 1 metre long! Fans did not cost much though and have never failed.