What do you guys use to ash a bowl?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by JustinIsCooler, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Ive always just a pair of sharp tweezers to ash my bowls (scrape the ash/resin out when it's cashed). Recently I've been thinking about getting the DeBowler but I dk, what do you guys use?

2. I fucking hate ashing bowls.. Sometimes i'll just use my finger in utter disdain or smack the bowl against something until the ash comes out. Somehow i doubt the Debowler would change my knuckle dragging ways.

Also, i will try to blow it all out by finger on choke and blowing but it rarely works out.

3. It might look weird but I blow out of it and let the ash fly everywhere if im outside. If i'm inside im aim it where I want it to go

4. Slap the bowl into my palm and pour the ash from my palm into a little ash tray. Then that gets poured outside whenever I get the chance.

5. i just use a poke a jabby what me and my buddy called anything that you could poke threw the bowl copletly to clear the hole which the smoke travels threw its neat and not messy

6. with the bong i just suck it through into the water and with a bowl ill hold the carb and blow and it shoots out

7. dishwasher...simple

8. primarily a 2.5mm L shaped ball point allen key. poke the ash in a way that it lifts everything up then dump. then i take the allen key and scrap the screen then blow through it. then take my finger and wipe the inside free of ash or lose material. and then repack.
    but I have a couple ways of ashing a bowl. one for my pipe is I put my middle and index finger over the bowl leaving a slit between my fingers and blow from the side. seems to get everything out and no ash in the face eyes since when I blow across it makes a vacuum sucking the ash out and blows away from my face

9. i don't use pipes enough to have a dedicated tool. but back in the day i used a cheap exacto knife set and i used these clay sculpting tools too. they were duller by far but worked good because they were strong and made from stainless steal.

i used to go to the swap meet at cypress college in cali. there they had a guy who sold all kinds of dental tools. we made a perfect little kit from that. he sold them for a dollar a piece, 6 for 5$ or 15 for 10$. including things like hemostats and the like.

now that i remember i have been using my old precision screw driver set on the rare occasion when i have needed a poker of some kind. it has all of these different bits with different shapes. they even have super tiny bits that can get hard to remove baked on gunk with out breaking anything.

i liked the dental pics and stuff the best though. you could probably get them for cheap on the net.

10. Toker poker. They've got them on amazon. Combo lighter case, hemp wick holder, bowl tamper, and bowl poker. I love mine. My wife has one too.

11. The best stoner multi-tool, an unbent paperclip!

12. I used to tap the back of my pipe with a lighter. But I stopped doing that after I ended up breaking off a choke lolol. Now I just use a poker smack it on my palm

13. You put your bowl in the dishwasher everytime its cashed?

14. Hold carb, blow where ever I want it. That's simple enough for me.

As for res, I keep my glass cleaned well enough that it isn't an issue. All glass is cleaned 1-2 weeks after use, for regular use, sometimes more for heavy use, sometimes less for lighter use. 90/ISO and kosher salt. Got some 420 cleaner for my bong that seems to work like a charm when the ISO couldn't handle it.

15. Dart from my blow dart gun.

16. Roll resin in little balls, wipe like boogers upon the wall's.
    :rolleyes:

17. Tooth pick, paper clip, smack it out, or blow it out.

18. Piece of copper wire, peel off outside and bend the bare wire to however you find comfortable

19. #19 Lasaber, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
    http://lighterbro.com/
    Handiest tool I've ever owned. ​
    Bought one off a fella at Good People Good Times(Hippie Fest) in Brown County, Indiana.
    This is the one I have, wouldn't trade it for the world. ​
    [​IMG]

20. I generally only use bongs or 'devices'(megatoke/sublimator) blowing through the bowl/slide always does the trick for me.