What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kia, May 6, 2003.

1. Okay I met somebody here and we have pm'd several times and e-mailed as well and we've been talking about meeting. We are both the same age and he lives about 45 minutes from me. I want to meet him and he says he wants to meet me so we can get high together and be buddies or whatever. But of course I am a bit hesitant because of the obvious reasons. Has anyone ever done this? Should I meet him? I think I am going to but I just wanted some input.Thank ya

2. just make sure you go with at least 1 or 2 pals......and see how it goes......Peace out......Sid

3. I've met a few people from the internet. I guess it's a little different b/c I'm a guy. The first time I met Katie after talking to her online she brought a couple friends over and we hung out. When I met this guy John, it was just us b/c guys don't need backup...and he was my ride back to Nashville. It was about 2 and 1/2 hours in the car with a guy I had only talked to online. We got along pretty well. We met on a car site so we talked a lot about cars and kinda already knew each other's personalities.

4. my bro got married to a girl he met online (she's real nice and is part of the family now) but they knew each other for years before.

just b careful that you know alot about them .... and knowing them for a long time is also a good idea.

but hey! theres generally far too much negativity bout meating people from online... just from the one or two stories about times they turned out to be nutjobs.

Grasscity does a good job at screening out the nutjobs and kiddie flamers... should b ok.

5. forgot to ask....

do we get to know who this mystery fella is?

6. I've met a couple of people from the city. They were nice people.. I had been talking to them for a good while before we met though.. Just becarefull because you never know who they are until you meet!

7. his user name is IHIGH. He only has posted a few although he has pm'd me alot. I guess he is a farmer and I don't know if he has a computer-I think his ex-wife took it or something. So thats the deal with that. I'm still not sure if I'll meet him or not but I am not worried about the pig thing. I am pretty sure he is being honest because I saw his name in the phone book just to make sure. I guess I'll just tread these waters carefully...

8. No offense, but you could take your husband to protect you.

9. One of my friends got married to a guy she met on the internet. He lives in Wales and she only met him in person once before they got engaged.

Anyways, you're not worried about the pig thing? He raises pigs? My grandpa used to do that. Now he just grows wheat, corn, and soy beans. Now that I've gotten off topic...

10. What I meant by the pig thing was a cop. I think he said he raises corn and beans. I won't be taking my husband because things aren't going too well in that department. But I would I guess if he and I were on good terms. But then again I would not be all that interested in this guy if things were going well.

11. i think u should meet him in a public place first, and if he seems harmless, then go for it. and take a few friends first!

12. u should do it if u really want to, just dont be stupid. bring someone with you because you never know who you can trust. good luck!

13. I've met a couple people that I met online....a few people here as a matter of fact....I was scared, but it turned out great :D

I actually met my boyfriend online....he's a nice guy...he hasn't tried to hurt me or anything, which is good. Doesn't smoke weed, tho.

I really don't know what to tell you to do...I've done it a couple of times, and turned out ok...but there are others that don't (Ever see Strangeland?)

14. I met a couple from the 'city that I barely knew and we had a blast together...I just think if you've got a positive attitude going into it then everything should be fine.

I'd rather meet someone from the 'city then on yahoo...I can tell you from first hand experience that pictures can be decieving!