What do you guys think of this?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Nicholas.s, Aug 28, 2017.

1. #1 Nicholas.s, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Im starting my first grow soon but im still stuck on choosing a light. I've been looking for LED grow lights because of their energy efficiency (less heat). My grow space is 55cm x 30cm x 55cm and i will be growing only one or two plants. Will also be performing LST on them, if that makes a difference.
    Now that all of that is out of the way, what do guys think about this light right here:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...p_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8X309TXBVXBHCFQ9XPSQ
    Would love to hear all your inputs :)

[EDIT] What abut this one? Mars 300W LED Grow Light Lamp Full Spectrum Veg Bloom for Medical Indoor Plants

Thanks in advance!

2. No brother. That is way to small of a light. Grab one or two mars 96s they really do work. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Nicholas.s, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Whats the wattage on that? Not looking for that many watts to he honest with you.. Just looking for a micro grow- id be happy with 50 Watts of LED. Not focusing on yields just yet if you know what I mean. Just starting small for the experience and the learning process, so i'm not really planning on spending too much money for this particular grow. I figure that I can always change my lighting and if I do, I could still use my old lights by just checking them somewhere on the side :) Since my budget is low, can I just link another LED (from mars hydro apparently) before widening my options to more expensive options; Mars 300W LED Grow Light Lamp Full Spectrum Veg Bloom for Medical Indoor Plants | eBay

Thanks for you input :)

4. The lights I showed you are only 150 or so and one will grow u a couple nice plants

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Its a smaller light, u can grow one with that . The reflector series are more bang for the buck . if u can afford a 96 get it. 1491110066894.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alright, thanks for your input. I will do a little more searching and I will take the reflector series into mind. Sounds good :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. No the 96 5 reflector series

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hi @Nicholas.s
    Welcome to GC, I'm Sara from Mars Hydro, @daggersstrin is right, our reflector light will better than Mars 300, the Mars 300 is the oldest light of our company, reflector is more advanced than it, we haven't add IR on our Mars 300, but reflector lights had. Reflector 48 is small light, you can grow one plant with it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Makes sense now with the price difference, missing features and IR. Thanks for making this clear though- i really had no idea why i couldnt find the Mars 300 on your website (or maybe i was just blind, lol?)
    Thanks for the heads up :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Heck..Meizhi 450 reflectors pull 195w+/- 5% and are only about $106 on Ebay or $125 on Amazon..better than Mars even though they both use cheapo (like 5 cents each) Diodes..They at least come with instructions and the CS is fantastic!!

11. We didn't sell Mars 300 on our website any more, the Mars 300 is the oldest one, we only sell it on eBay or Amazon.

12. Ahhh, so Mars sells discontinued lights for full boat on Ebay and Amazon..LOL
    Meizhi 300w for $65 and 300w reflector with ir and uv + bloom and veg switches for $72 on Ebay..Just sayin;)
    And no; I do not have any interest in either company..just in seeing GC peeps get a fair shake!
    And remember..None of these lights are really 300w..just some BS by marketing types..Lucky if they pull 125W!

• Like Like x 1
  13. And suddenly there was silence..LMAO

14. Mars 300 is not discontinued light, we still offer warranty to Mars 300, we didn't sell it on our website that is because we want more people try our other lights

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Oh.. I forgot..higher priced "other" lights = more profit..LOL

16. Yeah, the price of Mars II, reflector and Mars Pro II higher than Mars 300, they are more efficiency than Mars 300.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Just remember whatever you decide..To figure on the REAL wattage pull, multiply claimed wattage on Burples by 30-40% for a reality check;)