What do you guys think of this song???

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by DMoststoned, Aug 4, 2012.

1. #1 DMoststoned, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    So im an up and coming rapper. It's my dream. I don't have very good equitment. But let me know what you think of this freestyle only constructive criticism. And SHARE WITH OTHERS!!! Thanks!!! Happy toking :smoke:

Freestyle: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LpgKy9zgjg[/ame]

2. Am I the only one who sees nothing after song:? I mean idk man. Idk about this "song"

3. ^^ My bad bro. link wouldnt copy right its up now.

4. Better than "Friday".

5. My bad bro. link wouldnt copy right its up now.

6. better thn yo moms.

7. Constructive criticism? Be less white.

8. Doesn't rlly help. Hahahahaha but I will try.

9. [quote name='"Hefner PBN"']Constructive criticism? Be less white.[/quote]

Hahahahaha

10. you gotta flow more feel the beat in your blood try smoking a shit ton of weed before you rap

11. [quote name='"yodaweed"']you gotta flow more feel the beat in your blood try smoking a shit ton of weed before you rap[/quote]

True that. That was actually a sick beat. Don't be afraid to get loud when you rap. It makes it more intense.

12. You make a good point i need more flavor in my voice. Thanks for the advice!!!

13. will do! thanks man!

14. Two things:

1. Work on your flow. The rhymes fall in awkward places to the point where it doesn't even sound like you're rhyming sometimes. It sounds like you had some lyrics already written and tried to fit them into the beat. Sometimes you have to write lyrics according to the beat if you know what i mean. The syllables have to create a rhythm that syncs with the music. It helps to think of your voice as just another instrument in the composition. Remember that in hip hop, the flow is almost always more important than the actual words. It's what makes the song listenable.

2. Get a better mic. I know you said you're working on a budget, but there are some fairly decent and affordable usb condenser mics that work great for demos. Whatever you're using now is distorting your voice and making it stick out from the instrumental track. Biggie himself would probably sound wack with what you're using. Here's a couple of suggestions: Amazon.com: Samson CO1U USB Condenser Microphone: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: Samson Go Mic Compact USB Microphone - Plug n' Play: Musical Instruments

Other than that, I think you've got some potential.

15. hahahah why do so many songs have these exact same lyrics just in different order??

fucking horrible bro. seriously. work on your flow/rhyme. you also sound tone deaf. so you should think about getting a metrenome and ryhimng to that alone/

16. [quote name='"DMoststoned"']So im an up and coming rapper. It's my dream. I don't have very good equitment. But let me know what you think only constructive criticism. And SHARE WITH OTHERS!!! Thanks!!! Happy toking :smoke:

SONG:Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ZihJPTfEc&feature=plcp[/quote]

alright honest to god truth you sound like jroc from trailer park boys. you write about real life shit too, because as much as I hate to say it the rap game has changed. it's all about smoking weed and having bitches on tap like fuckin Mac miller instead of being a true OG an pimpin hoes. try to have a faster flow because yours sounds choppy, and try to ryhme more. other than that the beats good

17. :rolleyes:simple enough...

Do NOT be less white. Be you.
    if your white, be white as FUCKK.

18. #18 NeverMistakeMe, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    [quote name='"DMoststoned"']So im an up and coming rapper. It's my dream. I don't have very good equitment. But let me know what you think only constructive criticism. And SHARE WITH OTHERS!!! Thanks!!! Happy toking :smoke:

SONG:Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ZihJPTfEc&feature=plcp[/quote]

In all honesty, and this is MY opinion, don't take it personal because people like different things.
    I think you're voice and flow sound like a leaned out drunk version of Big Sean. I think you could be more original, try a more conceptual song and I think your feedback would be much more positive. The thing with these 'money, hoes, and weed' songs (which I also enjoy xD) is that it's WAY more about the flow than the lyrics. Now when you do a conceptual song and you have good flow AND deep lyrics, who don't like that?

19. Thanks man! Good advice I'll work on those for sure!

20. I don't take shit personal. And I can see where your coming from. Thanks!!