What do you guys think, is this car a steal?

Discussion in 'General' started by harley19, May 17, 2012.

1. Good call, I'll look into that.

I was thinking maybe a Honda Prelude too. They seem pretty good overall, and pretty inexpensive too.

2. #22 BlazeLE, May 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
    dude just get a civic. great on gas and you can make it look good. if you get a v6 mustang and try to make it look sporty everyone will laugh at you and you will have to look like this.
    [​IMG]

3. basically what i was trying to say but im typing with one hand.

4. I have a honda civic ex, a 2000. I bought it brand new, only did some minor cosmetic changes... euro lights, limo tints, an upgraded exhaust. I stopped caring about moding my car after about having it for 3 or 4 years. But I've still been completely happy with my civic. Yea it's a v4, the hp is pretty low, but the thing is a machine. I've had it for 12 years now and only had a couple minor problems with it...two dead batteries... but over 12 years that's about normal. And had some minor exchaust problems, but that's because I live in the midwest, my street doesn't get plowed that well, and my car is low to the ground.

I liked my civic so much that now I'm in the market for a new car and thinking about buying a new civic, but will probly get an accord.

5. ok after reading through the thread i feel as though OP doesnt really care what we say... he made another thread about another V6 mustang (already pre-riced for him). if he wants the worst mustang ever built let him get it... but if i were buying a 90's mustang id get a 5.0 foxbody, just saying.

6. I agree with the civic notion.

That or an integra.

TBH,everytime I see someone (a younger person particularly) driving a mustang,I laugh and say,what a doucher.

7. Haha I've never heard someone say "reliable" and "Ford" in the same sentence

F.o.r.d.

Fix
    Or
    Repair
    Daily

8. Just got rid of my 2000 ford mustang v6 with 200k miles. No problems until about 170k, then everything started caving in. 1994 sounds old, so chances are its going to go out sooner. Mustangs are nice looking cars, but there are smarter options.

9. Yeah well I'm from the country and my F150 will walk all over any sissy little Chevy or Dodge.

I can put her through as many mud pits as I want in a day and nothing ever breaks.

Every vehicle has it's issues and regular maintenance. Anyone who just lets their vehicle go without maintenance and then bitches because it's a piece of shit is a complete moron. 2001-2004 F-150s with the 5.4L Triton V8 are damn near bullet proof and one of the best trucks for that time. I'd take mine over the new model.

10. Man, your username and signature is highly racist. :eek:

11. Why ask for advice if you are going to ignore everything being said?

12. i HAD to lol at the thought of a v6 mustang with a hood scoop. please, please don't do that.

dude preludes are ASS. get a del sol or civic.

it has an I4, not a v4 =P
    but yeah civics will run forever lol you can piss in the tank of a civic and that little thing'll still go. most reliable cars out there honestly. theyre just sooooo common.

get like a good mid to late 90s camaro, or some shit i'm going to look on your canadian cragislist thing there and find you something lol $3500 limit? what craigslist city should i look at? i;m finding you a car that isn't some shitstang =P

13. #33 darksmoker, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
    though i just said preludes are ass, i'd rather see you running around in somethng like this than a fuckstang

1992 Honda Prelude Coupe - Barrie Cars For Sale - Kijiji Barrie Canada.

H22A with VTEC engine swap...i think the H22A is a 2.2L I4? DOHC 16 valve.
    intake, "chip", exhaust, and for some reason a stage 2 clutch thats kinda gay but eh. this is much better than a shitstain man....this car already looks better and will be faster.

14. #34 darksmoker, May 18, 2012
    here's a 93 del sol, it's a little riced out but i guess thats what you want, but i have no idea what he's done to the engine if anything...no engine shot =/ ut you could still contact him and ask, then report here with what he says lol

1993 Honda Del Sol Coupe - Barrie Cars For Sale - Kijiji Barrie Canada.

ford probe...could be decent depending on whatr mods he's done to it. these are very reliable cars as well...has a j spec engine swap. idk much about j spec engine? isn't it from mazdas or some shit? someone else can chime in with this one =P
    http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...M-1995-Ford-Probe-GT-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ380290412

15. Man, that'd be awesome. Top of my budget is, let's say around $4000. Lower the better, I'm still mindset on ricing it out. (Unless it comes "pre-riced", haha). Just use all of Ontario for the area, I don't mind driving to pick up the vehicle.

And I'm not sure what everyone's saying about me not taking advice? This is my first thread asking for opinions on a car..

16. okay. i am going to search around then. the cars i posted so far aint bad. and rice. gotcha. lol. all of ontario? oh god this is going to be fun lol. i just wish i knew km better i'm not sure how many km is too many.

17. #37 darksmoker, May 18, 2012
    92 civic si hatch with a few cheap mods like exhaust and pedals and shit...he said lots of upgrades but he didnt list very many. either way, 160,000km i think thats decent, especially for a civic, and these bitches get like 40mpg sooo good on gas...the hood is kinda gay looks like he wants people to think he has a cf hood or something lol but other than that its a decent little car
    HONDA CIVIC SI - LOTS OF UPGRADES !!!

95 civic hatch...very very clean looking for 3,000 not much info bout the car though, but it looks great. no i'm not only looking for civics lol these are just the best deals i see so far on the barrie cl

it does say b16, i'm guessing thats a b16a2 with vtec thats not too bad for that car its so small and light again an I4 dohc and redline at 8100rpm i'm jealous of that right there my car redlines at 6100...
    http://barrie.en.craigslist.ca/cto/2932193256.html

you should find out more about this BMW
    http://barrie.en.craigslist.ca/cto/2967193196.html

2000 monte carlo ss for 2900
    http://barrie.en.craigslist.ca/cto/2938767393.html

18. Customizing that car will never raise the value of it. Its an 18 year old car with really high mileage, not exactly the kind of car people are looking to buy. You can get a a car that's less than 10 years old with much less km's than that car for about 3 grand.

Here's one car I found, and its not a gas guzzler either

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier, Certified & Drive Clean E-Tested. - Barrie Cars For Sale - Kijiji Barrie Canada.

19. #39 darksmoker, May 18, 2012
    noooo dont even think about a cavalier.

but if you dont get this, you dont deserve to have a car....

1993 240sx 2.4l KA24DE DOHC 16v stock engine but still good.
    electric fan instead of clutch fan
    cf hood
    bings exhaust/muffler
    i see a K&N logo on the air box, so he's done something.
    only $2500. i mean come on...THIS car is a steal...not that stupid mustang.

trust me OP, you don't want a car that's for sale for less than $2000. you will be paying way more money than that in repairs withtin the first 3 weeks.

20. #40 Gryphonics, May 18, 2012
    Get a real car like a Camaro