What Do You Guys/gals Put In Your Mulch/compost Bins??

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by leodicapario, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Hello GC just wondering what all you put in your mulch bins for next years grow... this is what i usually make my base compost soil with:

local soil out of my back yard where the wash runs/composted/half composted oak leaves and im sure theres a fair ammount of chicken shit in that already its where they turn it and search for bugs...

veggie discards: bad parts on lettuce, onion skins, potato peels, and any fresh veggies that spoiled.

fruit discards: tomato skins, banana peels, canteloupe rinds, and any spoiled leftover fruits.

coffee/tea grounds/bags and filters also just open the tea bags first then throw em in... 

i just threw in small ammounts (1/2 a cup) of kelp, bone and blood meals this time around..

rotate the bins once/ day and keep moist. (see attached pic)

share your compost bins and what you put in them, how often you tend. and an all around look at what you do.

Attached Files:

2. #2 MotaMike, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    I put in many of the same things plus yard trimmings from many different plants and trees.
    I turn mine once a week. I produced about three full bins of compost since this past fall.

This is mine, the Smith & Hawken Biostack.

Attached Files:

3. good to see others using store bought bins!!.. eek i was stuck on chicken wire fence piles for a lonng long time... idk about u..