What do you guys and girls think about this?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by mitchistoocool, Mar 28, 2014.

1. So my girlfriend of two and a half years told me last night she wishes I was more stylish...
    Immediately I think, fuck that. I've always been the kind of guy who just dresses normal, T-shirt, Jeans, Tennis shoes. I am who I am and I won't change for her even if we have been together for a good while now. Just wondering what your opinion is on this? haha

2. Fuck that stay true to your self! :wub:

3. She shouldn't expect you to change.

• Like Like x 3
  4. try it, you might like it better. if youve been dressing the same for 2.5 years, naturally, its probably time to change anyway!
    ive worn a tshirt jeans an sneakers for 19 years, im starting to mix it up a lil and i do like it better

5. Sounds like she's working on getting you into a marriage. You're too young to throw your life away like that, so don't take it.

6. So your wardrobe is limited to t shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes? Sounds kinda boring maybe improving your style will help. Did she give you any hints as to what kinda of clothes she was leaning towards?

7. #7 whammy, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    New clothes feels good man, shopping with women.. Doesn't. Compromise! Say she can come with , but you're starting small and let her help you buy jeans. Then you can't lose.
    -Maybe also look at some shirts

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 Digital Veil, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    Depends how old you are imo.  As you age your wardrobe should mature as well.  25 and younger who cares. 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Tell her u want her to lose weight,see how she likes that or try an ask her to change her whole wardrobe cuz u want her to be more "stylish" say f she doesn't like u cuz of ur clothes that's some messed up shit tell her no thank u n clothes shouldn't matter, if she wants to go date a "stylish" person then hit the curb n go ahead lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. This is the first step to her changing u, don't fall for it it's a trap lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Nigga no tell her you've always wanted to dress nice but only if it was high quality shit. Then get her to buy you a bunch of Polo button downs and shizz

12. Just get some polo shirts an jeans man

13. My new boyfriend is a great dresser. He probably puts more thought into what he wears than I do. I think its great, and he looks fantastic.

But I don't really care if someone doesn't put thought into their clothes normally.

I mean, if I take you out someplace nice and you show up in basketball shorts or cargo pants, we're gonna have a talk. But same thing if I were to take my girl hiking or paintballing and she wore heels. (If I had a girl that is)
    Basically only if its inappropriate to the situation.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maybe if she lets you stick it in her pooper and you will go buy some new shoes.  Its called compromise.

15. Fuck all that. Just do you brother

16. Like everyone else said. Doubt it's a big deal if she just said she 'wishes' you were. If you wanna try it, try it. If not, don't. And if she objects, tell her to fuck herself.

17. I've been with my lovely lady for over ten years (married for over four years) She would make style suggestions to me and I gladly took some of the ideas. The way I look at it is she is my other half and she wouldn't be giving me advice to make me look worse. I trust her taste, that's why we're together in the first place. I stuck to my style and incorporated her tips. I got a fresher looking me and she found me more appealing. Win win!

Taking a couple of wardrobe tips is not a complete personality overhaul. Choose when and where to take a stand in the relationship and it will last much longer and be easier on the both of you. Besides, as a tshirt and pants guy it doesn't sound like you're making statements with your look so a little change couldn't hurt ya.