What do you expect Ron Paul to accomplish if he were to win?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Messiah Decoy, May 18, 2011.

1. What can he really accomplish with executive powers? Would he be able to do everything you want?

2. OK I've said it a few times so I'll say it again. I think some people have their priorities backwards, and while I LOVE RP's stance on most issues, the MOST IMPORTANT issue for everyone is the COLLAPSE of fiat money. The FEDERAL RESERVE must be ended and a basket of precious metals to back the currency reinstated to keep the shackles on the bankers. Note I said "basket of metals" so that does NOT MEAN just GOLD. Gold only favors the elite, and it is SILVER that will give us a HONEST and SOUND unit of value. If you don't have one clue of what I am talking about, you should watch "The Secret of Oz" to understand why the elite would HATE silver backed to the currency. This is their Achilles Heel so to speak :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qIhDdST27g]YouTube - The Secret of Oz[/ame]

3. ron paul gonna pay for my gas and rent

4. LOL this is pure stupidity! Sigh... NO he is not, but he will make a DOLLAR have real value like it should. Ever wonder why those 50's menus, had everything for UNDER $1.00, that's because we actually had COINS with silver in them. Gold at 50.00 an oz was not cheap, and that is only because the dollar had real value then. The higher gold/silver go shows how valueless our currency is becoming, and then takes more dollars to cover the loss in value. Wouldn't you like 1 dollar to really mean something like it used to, instead of mere fractions of cents :confused:

5. I didn't watch the video, but I know that the Wizard of Oz was a political allegory in favor of free coinage of silver, if that's what it's about. Auditing/ending the Federal Reserve is one of Ron Paul's top priorities.

6. It is in favor of state run banks too, instead of these REGIONAL RESERVE branches. Ron Paul knows the FEDERAL GOVT needs the states more than the states need it. States with their own banks can fund all necessary services, programs and take care of the people that reside there. It is sheer madness and just a MONOPOLY on currency with the current monetary system. The thing is, after the .com bubble everything should been allowed to sort its self out, but no, they had to find that vehicle of expansion again, and they did with the RE mania boom. Wall Street got unhinged with Glass-Steagle and it was going for broke. Mergers and consolidation destroying new competition, giving way to super congolomerate corporations to take control of entire sectors. It has gotten way out of hand. The real doosy in all this is the DERIVATIVES, which is basically betting against/for another "speculative" bet. It is a bet the dollar won't survive should that default. There are a number of ways "hyperinflation" can be triggered, and when enough confidence is lost, the faith, which is "fiat" by latin will collapse. The globalist have planned this for 50 years people so they can put the world on a "single currency" and is far from theory. It is and has been done in incremental stages as not to disturb the sleeping populace to run the debt so high that people will beg for new money to be introduced when it comes time. The time is quite near if they are not stopped! :eek::mad::(

7. He probably won't get a fraction of his policies implemented, but he will be able to effectively 'stop' new passing of bills by power of veto, and perhaps most importantly, will spread the message of liberty.

8. #8 WarriorsOfLife, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    I highly doubt that. At least 100% of democrats would vote to override his veto, and probably something like 50-85% of republicans will as well. He would go down in history as the least powerful president in a long time.

At least, that's how I see it from where I'm sitting.....

I'm voting for him btw, I just happen to be one of those people who believes the only way to get back on track is from bloodshed or a peaceful revolution. This voting in voting out business is getting ridiculous.

9. He'd be able to stop the war on terra and the war on drugs immediately, for one.

He would give speeches trying to educate people, as opposed to using newspeak and trying to obfuscate the policies of government. Imagine all the information he would be privy to...

If 2/3rds of congress overrides his veto that will be good enough for me, it will either show the will of the people or the true nature of the two party system. But If Ron Paul is elected President I expect congress to change as well.

10. Picture the headless horseman, throwing his pumpkin at Ichabod Crane.

That would be the State of the Union.:D

Then Ben Bernanke would be placed in stocks...not the Wall St. kind, either.

Gitmo will become a Rubio's fish taco restaurant.

The FDA, USDA, HHS, and CDC will be exposed as frauds, dismantled, and sold for their parts, to Monsanto, which will then be burned to the ground.

Legal weed, whores and hangings will return.

And RP will lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, blah, blah, blah...

I'd say it would be the most entertaining chaos in American history!

11. IMHO; if he is able to do even half of what he wants (or tries) he will accomplish being the Second President in the last 50 years to be assassinated by 'someone'.:(

...but my opinion is a bit jaded towards DC doing what's best to ensure DC retains power...and RP seems to be for the people instead (the industrial war machine won't tolerate that..):(

12. #12 Marianas, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    when ron paul is president, credit markets will freeze up, business activity will slow to a halt and we would barter for the goods and services we need to survive. volitility would be so high in every security investment will basically stop, everyone will rush to banks to pull their deposits out rendering the financial system paralyzed with no federal reserve to provide emergency discount loans.

those who have nothing to trade with will die because no social safety net will exist to catch them. every drug will be legal and other world powers will divide the us up by geographical region the southwest becomes mexico again northeast goes back to british the south no one wants and the northwest is russian.

it will basically be like the medieval times again.

13. You are paid for by the US government to spread misinformation. ;)

14. Accomplish? Hopefully not a whole lot...I don't want a president who promises me a bunch of "stuff".

I want a president who believes in the rule of law.
    I want a president who will defend and uphold our Constitution, protecting ALL of my rights.
    I want a president who will ensure we will never have a draft.
    I want a president who will only go to war with a declaration, in defense of this county, not one who promote aggressive "wars" around the globe.
    I want a president who will abolish the USA PATRIOT Act.
    I want a president who will end the "war on drugs".
    I want a president who has the balls to use the power of a Veto.

I WANT LIBERTY!​

15. Even if he accomplishes nothing, he will serve as a very clear piece of evidence that popular vote does not change policy.

16. don't forget the terrorists..

we will be attacked by many terrorists, because pulling out of wars means they will come here and attack us!!

17. More than NObama. Nuff said right?

18. No, not really.

Can you name one or two things?

19. agreed..

"better than Bush" shouldn't be enough.. nor should "better than Obama"

20. I expect many things to be accomplished, firstly the troops coming home.