What do you expect from next gen consoles?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Mogwai, Dec 7, 2011.

1. What features do you guys want/expect from the next Xbox and Playstation? It's probably gonna be a while before either system drops and all we can do is speculate... but it's still worth talking about I guess.

I leave the Wii out of this because I'm pretty sure they're saying the WiiU or whatever it is is their next gen console, and it's coming out pretty soon and we already know what it includes.

2. Wiiu??? And I want what Ive really always wanted a game where I can put on like some shades an have my actual person playing. If you know what Im saying ..

3. Probably built in motion censors. More 3D bullshit. Maybe even a trajector for the people that don't have decent TV's?

All I know is if I spend $800 on a system, it better roll my weed and wipe my ass.

4. #4 Mogwai, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    Yeah the WiiU is a new system coming out next year. Early next year if I remember right. Spec wise it's pretty much around what the Wii should have been when it came out >.>'. Big ass touchscreen controller too. I don't know much more about it, I just remember reading through the information and thinking it didn't seem very impressive. Nintendo is falling off with home consoles

I wanna see the next systems having large amounts of built in memory (like 1TB) and a wide range of media formats it can play. I wanna be able to transfer seasons of shows and movies to my HDD and just watch them whenever I want. Not sure if the PS3 can do this already but the Xbox can't (unless I mod it). I'm not expecting this to happen though...

I'm not concerned with graphics actually. Better graphics are neat I guess but I think the current system graphics are good enough really. I hope they stay away from the 3D shit, which I think they will.

5. I don't want to see a nextgen system anytime soon. I can't see them getting much better, they should all just focus on pumping out kickass games.

But, if I did have to choose, I'd want (speaking from a 360 gamer's view):

-Large internal memory
    -Gamercard transferal (achievement whore, what can I say)
    -Internet browser (sometimes, they're just handy to have)
    -Parties capable of more than 6 people
    -Better graphics (I guess, don't really see how they can get any better)
    -Less focus on social networking (a lot less focus, fuck Facebook and Twitter)

That's all I can really think of. My current console provides pretty much everything I need already. Whatever nextgen console that's in store for the public would have to be pretty mindblowing to justify purchasing.

6. I am a PC player myself, and believe me, graphics can get way, way better than the 360. Not being an elitist pc guy, but graphics on the console can only be so good, the hardware is super old. That being said, they have done some impressive stuff on the 360 and ps4 despite such limitations, imagine what they could achieve with 2gb of Ram instead of 512 LOL, though that it isnt the only factor.

My bro has a ps4 with a browser and he can use it like any other browser, its pretty cool I must admit, but I couldnt imagine typing with a controller, thats just me tho. :D

7. #7 Bongsauce, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    I think they're gonna lean towards kinect and media network stuff. I could see them improving on the camera tech alot...and making games that are more 3d. There's some videos on youtube of johnny lee's wii remote hacks that are pretty amazing. The technology is already out there in the infared camera...they just need to create the software and games. I was thinking something like fps type games that can tell which way you lean and look so the screen moves according to your movements, alot like the demo he does with the camera sensors on the glasses, but w/out the glasses.

also some of the pico projector immersive gaming vids are amazing too...that's another thing where the tech is already out there but there's no software or games to utilize it yet.

*when I say 3d I don't mean the new crap that's coming out...I mean the screen moving according to how you move to make it seem more like your in the game. hard to explain. this explains what I mean.

8. Native support for .mkv

9. built in capture card and built in editing software. Probably not gonna happen but it would be awesome

10. No idea, but so help me if it's 3D or more kinect motion bullshit...

11. There's rumours that kinect 2 can track lip movements and emotional states. Sounds cool.

12. As cool as it may be technology wise, I will still always prefer sitting down on the couch, controller in hand, and relaxing. When I sit down to game at night I want to relax, not be up jumping around and waving my arms, etc.

13. My sister in laws father works for microsoft. And he told us that a new xbox is coming out for next holiday season. So let's see how that turns out. I haven't looked into it myself. But why would he lie?

14. i love all the broke motherfucker's on here crying about 3d.it's going to happen just like slim tv's,3D's THE SHIT. it's bad ass on GT5.i love the ps eye, turning my head to look around in my car is tit's.ps3 eye already has a youtube uploader and editor i wouldn't be suprised if you would be able to hook one up on the next ps.

15. [quote name='"DrFragenstein"']i love all the broke motherfucker's on here crying about 3d.it's going to happen just like slim tv's,3D's THE SHIT. it's bad ass on GT5.i love the ps eye, turning my head to look around in my car is tit's.ps3 eye already has a youtube uploader and editor i wouldn't be suprised if you would be able to hook one up on the next ps.[/quote]

Broke mother fuckers? I hate everything 3D. Movies, tv, games, etc. having to sit up all the time while gaming or watching tv or a movie is not my idea of a good time. Not to mention it gets incredibly annoying and irritating constantly watching or playing something in 3D for long periods of time. Being broke has nothing to do with it. Some people just think its fucked.

16. Extended gaming already gives me bad headaches. 3D would make it way worse for me.

17. I'd like to see the possibility of an eyefinity type set up, but it'd need to be one hell of a console...

18. #18 Jdahms, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
    Im hoping all game sales will go digital. XBL is pretty much there already.

powerful as gaming PCs are today.

250gb hard drives standard with the option for 500gb or more. Going to need a lot to save all your downloaded games. Maybe a 20gb cloud storage also. the new cloud storage on xbl is great but it isnt enough to save entire games or DLC on.

Basically (at least for xbox) XBL is now the platform and the xbox is just a way of accessing it.

As far as sony goes I hope they really upgrade PSN. XBL is so far ahead of it right now especially with yesterdays update. They are still years behind XBL so i dont see them catching up since they have hardly changed PSN since the ps3 was released. They should go on a subscription model like XBL so they can afford to upgrade psn every once and awhile.

Seriously who gives a shit about 3d. Movies and games are not made to be watched in fake 3d. That fad will not stick around for long. Its already going away in movies thank god.

19. No doubt, I cant stand 3D, and i've watched them on the most expensive TV on the market. It's just annoying. Simply playing normal video games for extended periods makes my eyes want to jump out of my head, 3d makes it that much worse.

20. #20 SeanyCash, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    I expect the hardware to be outdated the day it comes off of the assembly line lol.

But seriously it will be cool to see what they come up with. anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering would be nice.

Too bad they probably won't allow you to use pc style hard drives.... Damn microsoft