Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do you do with your stems?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MIVD23-56ce11ac760e2, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Ive read many other posts and some just say throw away, but I know there has to be better options.

I smoke about an 8th a week and have usually 3-4 small-mid size stems, length of a quarter coin. I would like to know what do you do with yours? And if you have a legit and EFFECTIVE use for it.

If its not worth the time and effort and you have tried different methods also let me know! Thanks

2. Personally I just mix it with bud and smoke em. Just break it into minuscule pieces. I don't mind it at all but apparently they're SO dreadful that people won't smoke them. Not the most efficient use but better than throwing them away.

3. If you have a vape you could theoretically grind 'em up and throw them in with your ABV to make edibles with later but I doubt they would add much to your weed treats. I just toss them to be honest with you.

4. Will smoking it not give you a headache? Just something I've heard some people mentioned in other posts.

5. Depends on the stems...

If it's from shitty low quality bud, chances are there won't be much crystal on them, so I just chew on them. It keeps the cotton mouth down and tastes really good, good for you too :)

If they are from good bud, they usually look pretty fuzzy, i'll let them collect for a bit than bust them all up in my grinder to get the crystal off them, than just toss the ground stems out, or throw them in the woodstove or something.

6. Smoking stems will give you a headache type feel. It's just the extra plant matter. The high is still there (again, depending on quality of stem) but it's usually accompanied by a harsh taste, and a strange smell.

Best way to "smoke" stems is, like I said, bust them up for the crystal, than dispose of the actual plant material.

7. My biggest pet peeve is when people give uneducated answers.....no wonder the blind sheep of society believe everything their told. Please explain to me how "burning extra plant matter" gives you head ache? Doesn't happen when I snap .5 in my bong, but any amount stems is unpleasant. This is because when the person grew the weed, they didn't flush it out well so nutrients were left inside the stems, this explain why the insides are sometimes white. So burning those nutrients and pesticides is what gives you a head ache, not "extra plant matter" which would make no sense at all

8. What? Go smoke a stick and I'm sure you'll get a headache...

9. most people i'm with either eat them to get higher (????????) but i just put them in with the spliff

10. A cool trick my friend showed me was to lightly cook the stem with a lighter, but don't burn it. Then eat it. Was delicious! But I throw them in with my abv for edibles.

11. I heard stem tea was one way. I have about 5 grams and counting of stems. You could always savem in a pill bottle, put a coin in there and shakem for kief. I plan on making tea one morning

12. It's never once given me a headache. It may for some, but I smoke every stem that I get and it just tacks on to the smoking experience.

13. Save them all up alongside my AVB to add to glycerine tincture. :)

14. If you find a good use let me know I have over an ounce of stems from almost all the main strains out there!

15. I make tea.

To do this boil 2 cups of water then add in stems. ( I usually use 1 tablespoon of stems )
    let it sit for 5 - 10 minutes then strain it and drink :) its bitter though so add some honey or sugar lol

EDIT: after you get the water to a boil set it to MEDIUM heat

16. throw them in the garbage

17. Does it give you a high? Is it potent?

18. Its more of a relaxing high than a "baked" high for me at least. I guess it all depends how many stems you use, I've seen people use up to 1/4th a cup.

19. Thc isnt water soluble and boiling it might burn it off. Your better off simmering it in 2% or homo milk so the thc can work its way into the fat of the milk. This is why oil/butter is used to make edibles.

20. That's why you should set it to a MED or LOW heat after you boil it. I'll have to try it with milk next time :p