what do you do when youre

Discussion in 'General' started by zebracakes, Aug 13, 2013.

1. so you won't find a part time gig, for college?

2. #22 zebracakes, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013

my school is in an area where part time gigs do not exist. its a tiny tiny tiny tiny town, students generally only get jobs through work study which has to be offered to you by the financial aid office. im not eligible for work study jobs.

edit if i had a car i could probably get a part time job off campus but it would be in fast food and i dont think it would be worth it considering id have very limited availability, most of my pay check would probably go to gas. but i dont have a car so it dont matta 

3. I keep on livin' life...

4. The very day you get hired, just put in your two weeks.

5. How long ago has it been since your last actual job? Can't you borrow your parents car to look for work and get to work if you could get a job? I assume you're young, so even fast food is okay for a while. I did it for way longer than I should have.

6. Heres what i do, i go on craigslist and go to the free section theres some crazy people that give away expensive stuff then i go to the pawn shop and sell what i get. I usually make about $60 a week doing that.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. i had a job when i took a semester off last year then i went back to school and haven't had a job since then. that was august of 2012-early january 2013. im leaving next sunday to go back to school, nobody is going to hire me for a week and a half two ish weeks. and i can't borrow my parents cars because they both work. i had a car but my oldest brother totaled his and is using the car i used to use. he works full time so i dont have access to that car. i was home for about a month this summer, then i left for summer school which lasted 6 weeks. ive been home for two weeks. i could have applied for jobs early in the summer but i can almost guarantee nobody would have hired me for such limited availability and its too late. but yeah i got the situation in the original post worked out so its all good.

8. I drink and keep looking for weed

9. I'm a likeminded individual. Alcohol gets me through my t-breaks.